Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Multi-Mask for a RESMED AIRMINI
Multi-Mask for a RESMED AIRMINI
Is there any way to connect a multi-mask to the RESMED AIRMINI include the humidity?

I saw an adapter for regular hose but it bypasses the humidity. I need the humidity!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Multi-Mask for a RESMED AIRMINI
I have seen a few home modification posts about this, but no commercial option.  I think part of the problem is that ResMed designed the humidex to become the vent for compatible masks.

I have only used the p10 for the airmini but if you look closely, you’ll see it is a substantially different mask than the regular p10.  The diffuser is actually hard plastic and the humidex is used as the vent to prevent rebreathing.

Even if you could modify it, I would be nervous to do so as the intentional leaks + humidex may negatively impact the quality of the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use the 3rd party adapter for a regular hose, you can use a Z1 HME (blue in clear housing) with a regular face mask. You get get 10 for under $50 if you shop around.

I don’t have an Air Mini, so I haven’t tried that hose adapter, but I have used the F20 and F30 with the Z1 HME on a Dreamstation Go. Those work reasonably well. Even though the vents are between your face and the HME, it’s close enough to work - during exhalation, the reverse flow easily overwhelms the vents temporarily. Of course, air continues to vent throughout the cycle, so you do lose some moisture that way, but not all.

Unfortunately, the HME does need to be close to your face. I don’t know if there are any pillow masks that it would be effective with. As already noted, the AirMini version of the P10 has the vents relocated to address this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I’d like try it the other way - adapting the AirMini P10 with HumidX to work with other machines (since I prefer pillows but need humidity with them).
Post Reply Post Reply
Please advise!
I have a problem with my Resmed AirMini. I want to connect other any mask instead the dedicated mask, all adaptors that I found are bypassing the AirMini humidifier.
Lately, I found in eBay an Universal CPAP Mask Adaptor that I can connect directly to the AirMini humidifier.
Is someone familiar to this Universal CPAP Mask Adaptor and recommend it?
Post Reply Post Reply
There isn’t any option but to use the p10 or N20. Those are the only 2 masks that work with humidx. The F20 and F30 aren’t able to be used with humidx but they can be used. For the reasons mentioned in the last post
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2019, 06:47 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: There isn’t any option but to use the p10 or N20. Those are the only 2 masks that work with humidx. The F20 and F30 aren’t able to be used with humidx but they can be used. For the reasons mentioned in the last post

I replaced my p10 at the AirMini by regular mask, using the Maskpap adapter, it works perfect. This MaskPap is a good solution for AirMini users that want to use a regular and comfort mask.
People report without even testing it or using it, I have it for 2 months and it meets my expectation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2019, 05:34 AM)avis Wrote: I replaced my p10 at the AirMini by regular mask, using the Maskpap adapter, it works perfect. This MaskPap is a good solution for AirMini users that want to use a regular and comfort mask.
People report without even testing it or using it, I have it for 2 months and it meets my expectation.

I don't really understand how the Maskpap adapter would even work with the Humidx at the same time.

A normal mask would have an exhaust vent built-in (unlike the Airmini specific masks), while Humidx is leveraging exhaust air for humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2019, 08:49 PM)tedgreen Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 05:34 AM)avis Wrote: I replaced my p10 at the AirMini by regular mask, using the Maskpap adapter, it works perfect. This MaskPap is a good solution for AirMini users that want to use a regular and comfort mask.

I don't really understand how the Maskpap adapter would even work with the Humidx at the same time.

A normal mask would have an exhaust vent built-in (unlike the Airmini specific masks), while Humidx is leveraging exhaust air for humidity.

According to my tests, it works the same as the Air Mini specific mask, but with some loosens humidity.
The big advantage of the normal vent mask is the ability to exhaust the CO2 from the lung but at the same time you loose some humidity as you lose it at the other CPAP with water tank humidity. So I did an experiment to use medical adhesive tape to cover part of the vent holes gradually, but at the end preferred not to cover at all as it gives me satisfied result in my case. It is causing me to lose in the application about 3 points score at 10.0 cmH2O pressure. This doesn't affect me at all and my sleep is excellent as you can see in the attached results. (If I'll be able to add it to my post)
Please advise and help me to add photos !
Post Reply Post Reply
avis Wrote:Please advise and help me to add photos !

Here's how to do it: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,255 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 146 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 906 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 306 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 916 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 250 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.