Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Multiple Day SpO2
Multiple Day SpO2
This will probably be low priority for OSCAR developers, but my experience with CMS50 with multiple day data I could not split.

Tried both the O2 import in OSCAR using OSCAR time and also the Smart Device time. Both ended up with all data being associate with only 1 day. So my chart for one day spanned 30 hours. 

I went back to the Smart Assistant and exported the data. I split the export into 2 dat files with rows only for each day. OSCAR crashed when trying to import the Dat file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Multiple Day SpO2
Huh  Huh?  
Most data files have a header as the first part of the file.  Depending on the device, the header can contain things like file size, number of entries and certain parameter values.  Simply splitting a binary file into two separate ones will totally mess up both of them.

It has been a while since I imported a CMS-50's data, but I thought during the import of the data, OSCAR offers a calendar and a starting time for the lack of these values on a D+ model.   Remember, a CPAP "day" is from noon to noon.  Let's say you started your oximeter at 1:00AM on the 14th, then its data would be imported to the CPAP's data for the 13th.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There was a recent discussion about the newer CMS50F and how it stores files [HERE]

Seems that multiple sessions are stored with the extension .part (usually means partial) and then the user is asked if the sessions should be combined when imported into the Smart Device Assistant software.
Not sure what the purpose of this is, or if there is a setting somewhere to change it in the oximeter or the SDA software. Seems to be something fairly new with the Contec oximeters.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. Found the .part files. Not that easy in the Appdata VirtualDtore folder. But opening each one at a time with Smart Assistant did give the day view. The Assistant goes automatically into the Merge which I have used many times when session gets interrupted during the night. But did not realisze I had left yesterdays data on the device.
So opening the "part" file for each day and then saving for OSCAR worked.

Still an OSCAR bug that it crashed on csv file with only excel type header. But I won't do that again.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,759 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,209 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 213 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 315 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,087 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,879 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Use OSCAR on multiple pc's Markf2 2 531 11-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.