Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Multiple Sessions and blanks in session bar
RE: Multiple Sessions and blanks in session bar
I don't think it is the software because I asked my Doc to have a look and they asked me if smartstart was enabled. I assume they saw the same thing as I did, and that they must use different software Smile. They suggested I speak to DME. I will probably do this but wanted to get as much info before as I could

Looks like ResScan is Windows only Sad I have a mac...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2019, 10:13 PM)pageski Wrote: I don't think it is the software because I asked my Doc to have a look and they asked me if smartstart was enabled. I assume they saw the same thing as I did, and that they must use different software Smile. They suggested I speak to DME. I will probably do this but wanted to get as much info before as I could

ok, best of luck.  Let us know how it turns out.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing worth trying is to use MyAir. If you are not yet set up on MyAir, do that. Then check the MyAir report to see how many mask on/off it shows. One mask on/off is the equivalent of a session as reported by OSCAR. If MyAir is also reporting an excessive number of sessions, the problem may well be in your machine and you should consult yoru DME about that.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good call!  MyAir reported 10 sessions last night! The most I have had in the history of my 5 month cpap usage, usually I only have one or two and have had as many as 4, but I really did take the mask on and off that many times. I did not take it off 10 time last night, I took it off once.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2019, 10:48 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 10:13 PM)pageski Wrote: I don't think it is the software because I asked my Doc to have a look and they asked me if smartstart was enabled. I assume they saw the same thing as I did, and that they must use different software Smile. They suggested I speak to DME. I will probably do this but wanted to get as much info before as I could

ok, best of luck.  Let us know how it turns out.

Hi All,

I wanted to update you all on this issue. Cut to the chase  - it was the power supply that was not working. Although the green light was on. So basically Oscar software allowed me to dodge a bullet! Your tip about this session on/off metric also being the "Mask on/off" on MyAir was also helpful because I had seen instances in the past where I know I only took the mask of once, or not at all during the night and I got 2 or 1 on/off events respectively. Now I know what all of this means. In retrospect, this issue of machine turning on and off happened a few times before it became a big problem. Good to know and now I can troubleshoot this important issue!

Thanks for all your help!

Cynthia
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh this is interesting. I've been noticing that my machine is intermittently registering more sessions than I recall actually turning the machine off and on (Dreammapper agrees with Oscar on the number of sessions, so its not a software issue). In my case the "off" times are a matter of seconds. Literally less than 10 seconds each. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, but some nights are showing upwards of 4 or 5 of these. I will look at getting a new power supply and see if that solves the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have Smart-Start turned on, I'd suggest try turning off to see if this is the problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In OSCAR in the file menue under preferances trere are settings that will ignore short sessions. This happens to be the default setting. See attachment.

Post Reply Post Reply
unfortunately that's been removed from SH 1.1.0 and Oscar for resmed machines. I'm hoping it'll be replaced it in a future revision.

it doesn't sound like this is the problem described but fwiw, I've found SH 1.0.0 will add phantom sessions under certain circumstances like downloading from the sd card a second time in a day after closing the program, changing the time setting and changing pressure settings after the machine has been run that day. for me, the phantom sessions mirror real sessions but are off by an hour, give or take a minute or two. I don't remember if this happens in SH 1.1.0 and Oscar because I've taken to leaving the programs running and sleeping the computer to avoid closing the program, after which the phantom sessions tend to appear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at this one, these to are occuring after an upload from the SD Card.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-Overview
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 217 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,676 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 245 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 355 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Not all session data is imported clan 21 2,314 12-01-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Use OSCAR on multiple pc's Markf2 2 558 11-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 589 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.