Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Multiple Sesssions - same overnight sleep block
Multiple Sesssions - same overnight sleep block
so, first post. CREDIT to the community contributing to this forum as well as the management team and staple members for providing such a valuable resource over time.

I'm new to CPAP (~4weeks) AHI is down from 11 to 2 and below even venturing below 1

using
  1. OSCAR under linux - great little package
  2. PR DS APAP
  3. F&B Brevida large nasal pillow

The pickle: Overnight where i'm dead asleep in a single block with no wakefulness, loss of mask or other large event, I quite often get 2 sessions in my pap data.

I understand OSCAR just displays what's on the card so the question then becomes why does my PR DS write two sessions back to back?

My initial thought was the first session was me *fighting the machine* to get to sleep with the second session being the start of my sleep patterns but on closer inspection the session times would not support this.

The session timestamps are otherwise accurate for machine on / off.

ultimately its probably quite trivial and more of a curiosity.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Multiple Sesssions - same overnight sleep block
Hi BSDf dasHaus! - Welcome

It sounds like you are not using the latest version of OSCAR (v1.2.0). What version of OSCAR are you using? The reason I ask, is because someone had placed a development version in the apt repository that some people keep downloading and experience problems. If you didn't download the OSCAR version v1.2.0 form here, then that is the first thing that you need to do. Also, under the Linux download listing is a link to the Installation Wiki. You need to follow these instructions for your flavor of Linux to avoid any stray code from being left behind during an upgrade.

Holler back on either your success or failure.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Multiple Sesssions - same overnight sleep block
Ahoi hoi m8,

current version: OSCAR 1.2.0+6d9f544a

i'm IT by trade so (and i'll check) i shouldn't have missed anything on the install - that would be pretty embarrassing

Confirmed installed from the board package (oscar_1.2.0-Ubuntu20_amd64).  apt is often out of date so i won't often use it for anything other than core and contrib packages.

in all other respects the package appears to be working as expected.  I just thought it odd that a single sleep session would get reported as multiple sessions 

Specific machine:  Philips Respironics  DreamStation Auto CPAP (500X150)

h Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 212 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 312 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Use OSCAR on multiple pc's Markf2 2 530 11-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 475 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  OSCAR: Print multiple days edgreenberg 0 546 08-11-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  How do I import data from multiple machines into a single OSCAR profile? levy76 2 588 07-30-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: levy76
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,830 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.