Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Music or sound while you sleep?
Music or sound while you sleep?
Does anyone listen to anything as an aid to falling asleep and while sleeping?
Can you notice any benefits [or detriments] for your overall sleep quality?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Music or sound while you sleep?
I have Tinnitus 24/7/365.  Oh-jeez

I'd give just about anything for some peace & quiet.   Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't listen to music or any of the many apps that provide sounds to aid in sleep. The only thing I use is a fan or a stand alone humidifier in my room. The soft noise from that is just enough to drown out any sounds from the machine or my breathing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically listen to free old time radio on the internet or a local classical FM radio station. I play it before bed, and it's still playing when I wake up the next morning. I too have tinnitus, and it requires constant sound to diminish the craziness it causes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had mine for so long, I've actually gotten used to it. As bad as it might be, it hasn't yet become a distraction to me. 

I'm quite sure that it has impacted my sound quality, but I'm not that far off from having to get hearing aids. Hopefully, when that does happen, my Tinnitus will be somewhat suppressed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a noise generator app (white noise, pink noise, etc) on my phone for some years.  Can't say whether it directly affected my sleep quality, but it did drown out a lot of household noise that woud have otherwise woke me up.  Even helped some with my tinnitus.
You can usually find apps that play the "colored" noises, rainfall, wind, ocean, etc.  Some of them are very relaxing which may help you fall asleep.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an app that allows me to mix various sounds.. 

I have a mixture of a creek and rain falling on leaves, very peaceful to fall asleep to.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep with white noise or ear plugs. Ambient noise is tough for me to sleep with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Amazon echo in the bedroom. I play "babbling brook" all night. It drowns out the sound of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 185 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,873 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.