Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My 2nd night results
My 2nd night results
So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post from Oscar. If there's anything you want to see that I didn't post let me know and I'll add it.

The pressure went way up to 20 at some points and just before I woke up my AHI is around 30. I am a little light headed and sleepy but it's not as bad as it has been. Should I up my max pressure a little? I hesitate as 20 seems kinda high already..

Just for those who missed my earlier post. There's a break in my sleep because even though I go to bed way too late my cats wake me up early to be fed. Then I go back to sleep for a bit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My 2nd night results
Please review the link, OSCAR Chart Organization, below.  This will guide you in presenting the graphs that help us the most, as well as, turning off options that impair viewing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Until you can get a chart up. On the limited data so far. I would raise you start pressure to 6 and by 1cm a day, until you are comfortable to turn off your ramp.
I would have your min pressure at 12 for now. It also looks like there may be some positional obstruction to get such a swing in pressure.

It's also best to stick to one thread, so people can refer to past charts easily.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the 12th's chart. Hopefully it's formatted correctly. I was too busy to get to it earlier.

@aJack Why eliminate the ramp? It's only 20 minutes. That probably gives me just enough time to fall asleep with a few minutes to spare. Isn't the whole point of the ramp to make it easier to fall asleep?

My goal here is to understand what's going on not just do as I'm told.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a wiki link at the top of the page, there are also some excellent sleepyhead videos on youtube. They will explain in detail, most questions you would have.

I'm telling you what I would do. I will expand a bit on why.
Some people find that starting at 4 causes feelings of not enough air. 6 is generally suggested as a start pressure. During the 20 minute ramp, there is a gradual increase to 8, the machine will not respond to any apnea. You also have the ramp when you stop the machine during the night, all this lost therapy adds up. You will get use to the pressure and won't need ramp.

Looking at your chart, there is a large section that hovers over 12, This is why I suggested it as a min, instead of 8. It will resolve any apnea that happen under this pressure The machine can rise for any that happen at or over 12 for now. If you choose this number, you would review on your next chart, how it went. This can then be adjusted up or down later, but it will give a good base to work from. If this was my normal chart after a week or so. I would raise the 12 to the top pressure of the hover, about 14 and is the median pressure of this chart. I wouldn't count around 5:30 as it appears you were waking or awake.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
>Some people find that starting at 4 causes feelings of not enough air.

I was fine at 4. I didn't feel suffocated at all.

>6 is generally suggested as a start pressure.

As you can see from the chart I did up the start pressure to 6 and the  min pressure to 12 but last night was not a good night for me. I woke up in a REALLY bad way, foggy, lightheaded, headache. I'm still kind of out of it. I am surprised to see the leak rate only has three spikes. I was woken up at least 3 times last night by mask farts :-) I didn't realize until the last time that it was because the strap on my right jaw had come off. I would have thought that would have given me way more leaks. I don't know if that would effect the rest of the readings. I'm not sure what time that was because things like checking the time would wake me up enough to make it difficult to get back to sleep.

I can see the pressure was up to the top almost the whole 5 hours I slept and then again at the second 2 hours yet it seems have recorded very few events, relatively speaking. I don't get that. Is that because the machine stopped them or maybe because the strap was off? Although that couldn't have effected the second sleep period because the mask was firmly attached that whole time.

>You also have the ramp when you stop the machine during the night,

Stop the machine at night? I don't stop the machine unless I physically get up. If I'm laying down asleep, or trying to sleep, it stays on, period. It probably takes me 10 minutes to fall asleep, maybe a little more. I changed the ramp to 15 minutes. So that's around 5 minutes on low pressure. Or am I misunderstanding something? And looking at my charts my problems don't start until more than an hour into sleeping. I get that doesn't mean it can't happen but it seems pretty low risk those few minutes or am I once again misunderstanding something?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would do the following.
Disregard this chart, leaks will cause a rise in pressure. It wouldn't have mattered what pressure you had, 8 or 12.
Read about positional apnea, chin tuck etc. So that I was aware of what to look for. Not for this chart, as I think it's leaks and any positional would be masked.
Post on the OSCA thread about the leak not showing.
Use mask fit function that blows higher pressure to help fit the mask. There is a link in my signature and there are also many youtube videos.

How is the wiki link going? There is a lot of information there. See how you go tonight. Hopefully it will be better.
Post Reply Post Reply
>Disregard this chart, leaks will cause a rise in pressure.

Yeah, I was going to see what tonight brought before I made any further changes.

>Read about positional apnea, chin tuck etc.

I looked into that briefly just now. I could see one of those back bumpers maybe being helpful. I'm generally a side sleeper but sometimes I wake up on my back. They seem kind of expensive for what they are though. I am handy with a needle and thread. Maybe I'll try making one on my own.

>Post on the OSCA thread about the leak not showing.

I'll look for that thread.

>Use mask fit function that blows higher pressure to help fit the mask.

I'll look for that on my machine, the airsense 10 auto set, but I don't remember seeing it... Might have just over looked it.

>How is the wiki link going?

I tried reading it but honestly I'm wrecked for today. I couldn't concentrate on it or much of anything today. At the moment I'm just trying to stay up late enough to go to bed. Going to sleep before 11 usually means I wake up at 3AM and can't get back to sleep :-/

>See how you go tonight. Hopefully it will be better.

From your lips to the sandman's ears :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
It's fine to wake up on your back, the idea is to be able to. It's chin tuck and tongue that can be the issue. It's just something to be aware of.

It says "run mask fit" on the display, I think it's under my options?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow let me know how it goes that seems awfully high. I have sleep apnea that was largely eliminated with my APAP
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 116 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 434 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 841 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Help interpreting Lofta results Jim23 1 166 02-26-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Jim23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.