Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My 2nd night results
RE: My 2nd night results
ajack, I notice that OP recalled three leaks and that that’s what the chart shows. Maybe leaks are not much of a a factor? I also notice some high FL numbers and wonder whether you and other experts might like to see the FL graph squeezed in there somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am confused about the leaks from the night before. The strap that came off was on my right jaw. I was sleeping on that side so it’s possible that my body weight and the pillow or just the fickle finger of fate kept the mask in place enough. 

However, I woke up so badly and felt horrible and out of it all day that I’d have to say the apap therapy didn’t work that night very well. Although Myair gave me a score in the 90’s if that makes any sense. 

I’ll upload my chart from last night in a bit. It was a much better night. I’m still a little out of it but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. That just may be the way it is for me now :-/
Post Reply Post Reply
In the post he mentioned one strap came off and the mask was leaking a lot. The issue is that oscar may not have shown it. There are some teething problems. It also may be the case that there wasn't a lot of leakage? Generally if I lose a strap, it's on for young and old. As you point out there is some leaks tagged, so the chart is turned on. Best to check everything to go forward.

At the moment FL aren't the big concern, the med is 0.0 and the 95% is 0.2 when the machine is bouncing around 20cm. If we can get the good night of 12-14 regularly happening. Then we are in a better position to fine tune. After making sure the mask if fitted and a mask test function is done. Wild swings like these would suggest positional. Harrold wants to understand things and work things out as he goes and not simply to be told. I respect that and agree, it's best in the long run.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it’s worth, my FL median is usually .00 and yet my chart shows I have some degree of FL very frequently throughout the night, and I can see that the great majority of my breaths have flow shapes showing two peaks. I think you and others weighed in on this a while back, proposing some changes to reduce the FLs, which were a possible culprit in my dearth of restful sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chart for the night of 5/14
So here's my chart for last night. The pressure wasn't as high as it was the night before but it's pretty up there. There are a lot of hypopnea events, if that's the right word for it. Abnormally slow or shallow breathing? Can an apap machine even do anything for that? Sigh...
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR gives a lower exhale pressure, you may find it more comfortable. It looks like you are going to stay high for a while, tweaking positional including the jaw may help. Normally you would have the old min pressure as what the epr takes off, example you had 12, add epr 3 and you get a new min pressure is 15 for now, or just add the EPR and raise the min pressure as you go along, till the AHI looks okay.

I'd set the apap up right first. give your body a chance to get use to it, then I would see what the tidal look like then.

You can do an awake test, but putting in cpap mode and 5cm. sit comfortably in a chair, watch tv for an hour and get the average.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the epr on the first night I slept with the machine. There was only off and on in the clinical menu.

I shut it off because I found it more difficult to breath with it on. When the pressure came back on it was like it was slamming me in the face. So it had this hard pulsing feel. I had the pressure set at 10 with no ramp though.

Do you mention the epr because of the hypopnea?

And this isn’t my first cpap machine. I’ve been using my old one for the last 6 to 8 months. I’m more than used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is another setting as well as the on off. it will have 1,2,3 on it. It's not for treating AHI, it was simply to make it more comfortable for you. Your 'shock' of the seeming high pressure is normal and you will get used to it. what it does give you is less 'shock' on exhale. epr 3 about halves the breathing effort. Start off on 1.
I was actually going to suggest raising to min to 14, but thought min 15 EPR 2 or 3 might be better, it adds another cm and makes exhale easier. It's of no consequence. In a few days as the pressure will probably be changed again. Positional stuff, including the jaw, is what I would be reading up on. The more open the airway is, the less pressure you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 434 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 841 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Help interpreting Lofta results Jim23 1 166 02-26-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Jim23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.