Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My 5th night on CPAP, a new batch of observations w/ detailed play-by-play
RE: My 5th night on CPAP, a new batch of observations w/ detailed play-by-play
(04-26-2017, 09:20 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Did you order the clinicians manual?  See my post #9 for the link.

Mine is not the Autoset.  

[Admin note:  direct link to copyrighted Clinician Manual removed, to obtain a copy, please see Section Three of THIS PAGE for instructions on how to obtain a copy via email]
Post Reply Post Reply
If they did not give you the SD card (which I think they should have), any old SD card will work.  You don't need a large one.  2/4/8 GB is more than plenty.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got an Airsense 10 Autoset yesterday, and it did not come with SD card. "we don't need those any more because the modem automatically sends the data". I asked if I had access to that data and he said "but of course my good fellow! It's all right there in the MyAir app!" 

I will be buying my own SD card. It's hard to be an informed consumer when it seems like they don't even want you to have the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card was in the box with the owner's manual, you should get it. Less hassle to buy one, but that's ridiculous.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my S10 Autoset a couple days ago. The tech brought it to my house and opened the box in front of me - clearly brand new, plastic bags and twist ties for everything. There was no SD card in the machine, the manual, or anywhere else. Tech mentioned they don't use them anymore, and the manual says "if supplied" when referencing using it. I think they've just started not shipping them with the units...after all, the more we have to "depend" on them, the more $ they make with apps or whatever...and isn't that what it's all about? :-) My SD card from amazon should arrive today, which is good because my Sleepyhead sheep is lonely.

2 days in. BIG difference...this is gonna be good! I really hope things get better for you quickly.

Have a great day everybody.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yikes, no SD card!  They don't use them anymore!

This is clearly a first step on their part to keep you in the dark and depending on them.   Sad
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if this signals the future CPAP designs will no longer employ a SD card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is more a decision by Resmed to save some money by not providing something the majority of users are not interested in. If the patient is interested it is simple enough to put a SD card in. In my view there is little advantage to adding a few dollar part that a large part of the user population neither uses or cares about.

It also seems to be an implication that the overall population of sleep docs are not interested in detailed data from their patients. This is disheartening to say the least. This is based on my thought that w/o the card a Dr. cannot say bring in your card and lets look at what is happening. Via the cellular system only the compliance level data is available.

Now it is possible that the Clinical guide is unclear and that detailed data is available over the cellular system, but here is what is in the clinical guide:

[Image: zRsHSwXl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,135 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 477 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 401 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 351 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 432 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 635 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.