Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI 5 times higher with a Facial mask than with the Nasal One
RE: My AHI 5 times higher with a Facial mask than with the Nasal One
(04-02-2014, 09:58 PM)Curvesarein Wrote: I got a sinus infection soon after going back to A-pap with the humidifier too high.
Turn down the humidifier, see if makes any difference
Everyone is different, some like more, some less, and some none
I find sinus rinse helps together with making sure everything squeaky clean and change the filter too

Post Reply Post Reply
I do sinus rinse twice a day. On this unit I used the heated humidifier last night. I see adjustment for heat but not the humidifier itself. I had a terrible night last night opening my mouth. But I have a sinus infection right now so that is not helping my pressure went as high as 17 last night. So I know that part is working. It will be interesting to see my report today. Yet I still get into rem sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing that seems to be missing from this discussion is leakage data. If you are a mouth breather (or leaker), and your leakage rate with nasal pillows is high due to mouth leakage, some events may not be scored. Then if you go to a FFM and your leakage rate is reduced to acceptable you may score the events that were not scored due to leakage and your AHI will look higher. In reality, it might be the same or lower but one does not know because of the affects of the higher leakage.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 71 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 251 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,160 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,383 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 389 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 208 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.