Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI keeps going back up :/
My AHI keeps going back up :/
I've been at this for about a month now and I'm sort of starting to feel a little better I think. First night my AHI was at 13, then slowly I got it to around 3, now for the last week it's climbed back up to an 8.79 last night. Pressure at 11. Should I raise it? My leaks are controlled.

[Image: XniOJ4K.jpg]

[Image: cE1FYIX.jpg]\
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI keeps going back up :/
I would suggest turning off the ramp feature. If you feel you can't do without the ramp, then move it to start closer to your minimum pressure number. It is set too far away from the minimum pressure of 11. If you are going to use ramp, start it at
8cm for a short period of time.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, thanks I will try that. The high pressure doesn't really bother me so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last night I raised my minimum pressure to 12 and my AHI dropped to 2.5! That's about my lowest ever. Maybe my body was getting used to the pressure and apneas were busting through? Will keep it at 12 and see what happens.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2016, 11:23 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I would suggest turning off the ramp feature. If you feel you can't do without the ramp, then move it to start closer to your minimum pressure number. It is set too far away from the minimum pressure of 11. If you are going to use ramp, start it at
8cm for a short period of time.

I agree that it would be a good idea to turn off or severely limit the ramp feature. You have a lot of events during ramp when you are falling asleep. Your body is transitioning between conscious breathing to autonomic breathing. Once you are asleep you seem to be doing better.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
You are having events, but there are not apparent flow limitations or snores acting to increase auto pressure. In addition current events are predominately CA and H. Based on keeping setting minimum pressure about 2-cm less than the maximum or 95%, a minimum pressure of 12 makes some sense, especially since you don't seem to have the precursors that would cause the auto to increase pressure on its own.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great observations, thanks. I tightened and raised my ramp minimum and kept my pressure at 12 and had a 2.1 AHI last night! So I'm very optimistic right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear about the improvement.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Hello.

I will speak about a new approach:
Nobody have spoken about the relation between AHI and your mood and worries.
I have seen that if I got a problem that is worrying me or I am in bad mood for something that happened to me (ex,: an argument with my wify), my AHI goes up.
I suggest that you check this statement and try always to go to sleep complete relax, before begin to play with the machine settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah that is good advice but lately my only stress has been worrying about my apnea numbers and the obvious fact that I feel like crap all day. Granted this has been stressful.

I have had 6 straight days with AHI in the 2s. 5 weeks into therapy that started with my AHI at 13. But I don't really feel any better. Exhaustion and chest tightness that ramps up all day until I go to sleep and then it resets a bit, and I feel a little better in the morning. I'm still unable to work out or play basketball which I did almost every day before this hit. If I can get a couple of weeks more of AHI in the 2s, and I don't feel any improvement, I'll have to look at other possibilities, although my sleep doc and regular doc haven't really offered any alternative possible causes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to see a 5 to 8 minute slice of your flow rate graph highlighting a group of Centrals and a group of Hypopneas. Another piece of information that would be helpful is the findings and diagnosis from your sleep study and any information you have regarding titration of your machine. What I am wondering is if you had any Centrals or Central Hypopneas noted during the Sleep Study. Most of our suggestions regarding your AHI involve reducing Centrals and Hypopneas that were most likely caused by the machine. Reducing ramp time and bringing EPAP and IPAP pressures closer together can help resolve the machine induced Central events. The trick is to keep obstructive events under control at the same time. I have one other question: Have you consulted a cardiologist? Heart and circulatory issues can interact with sleep apnea and need to be taken into account.

Rich

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,978 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.