Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
RE: My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
Thank you gentleman for the good feedback.  Yes, my machine is 1/2 dead.  My new unit will not arrive until the end of August.  So I will just fiddle with this one until it arrives.

I did bump up my EPAP one more cm.  Not sure what else to do.

Last night my nose was stopped up a bit - more then normal.  I had to lay on my left side to breath well with the mask on.  And even then, it felt like I was opening my mouth now and then.  I don't know if my mouth was open when I was asleep or not.  When I woke up, my mouth was dry.  I will crank up the humidity tonight.  I do have a 6 foot un heated hose (6 foot heated hose arriving with my new machine).

The air pressure seems very low to me.  Much lower then before I changed any settings.  I believe my ramp is off now.  I thought it was on before.

However.....

I was looking at numbers in EncoreBasic and in Sleepy Head.  They do not match. For example:

EncoreBasic:

Auto off = on
Auto on = on
Max IPAP= 25.cmh20

Sleepy Head:

Auto off = off
Auto on = off
Max IPAP= 14.0

I remember when I changed the setting on my SD card using EncoreBasic.  When I installed the SD card in my bipap machine and powered it up it said words to the effect:

"Reading SD card. Prescription accepted". 

And sure enough, my display changed from 11.0 cmH20  to 5.0 cmH20.  So it appeared to me that the machine accepted my updated SD card and changed the setting in my BiPAP machine..

Thoughts?

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd check out what the Clinical Menu on the machine's LCD says about the settings, including the ones that SH and Encore differ on.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Robysue, unfortunately the menus cannot be access on this machine because the control knob does not function. That is why he had to set the Rx in EncoreBasic.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the data from last night. Yesterday I changed my Min EPAP  to 6.   My AHI went up to 4.9.
[/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/a/p2JKO]http://imgur.com/a/p2JKO

I has insomnia last night.  I went to bed and put my mask on around 8PM, but did not fall asleep until around 11:00 PM. This probably screwed with my numbers (?).

Maybe my SD card is updating my broken BiPAP machine, but maybe not completely?  i dono....  So much reading to do...

I can adjust my prescription in EnclorBasic, but I am new at pulling reports from EncoreBasic.  Below is a link to the data I could figure out how to pull from EB:

http://imgur.com/a/YVCbB

One can see some data the EB reports is different than what Sleepy Head data reports.  Not that it matters a lot but for example:

EB:

Auto off = on
Auto on = on

Sleepy Head:

Auto off = off
Auto on = off

Because my wheel is not working (well, I can turn it and make it move between all 4 screens) noting happens when I push down the wheel down.  I believe my BiPAP machine is probably set to at least auto on.  To turn my BiPAP machine on, I plug it in the the wall outlet.  The Philips logo come on, next the version number of my firmware, then the 4 screens are displayed.  I have my mask on at this time and start breathing.  Then the machine starts working (air comes out of the machine) and my display changes to 5.0 cm H20.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limits and OA point to a low EPAP. Don't increase PS, but you may want higher minimum EPAP. Again, we have no idea what the reliability of your pressure settings are, and looking forward to seeing you on a newer machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no good data to report today.  I put my mask on and went to sleep last night.  About an hour later, I un plugged the machine (that is how I have to turn it off), took off my mask and went to the bathroom.  I came back, put on the mask and plugged in the machine. 

When I imported my data into Sleepy Head this morning it only reported the first hour.  I checked under "Session Information" to see if I could select between the first hour and the a second session.  But only one was available and it was the first 1 hour and 1 minute. 

I will report back tomorrow and hopefully I will have some good data.

Thanks everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I am getting insomnia.  I put my mask on around 9PM and lay in bed 2 hours before I fell asleep.   I woke around 2AM and could not go back to sleep. I just lay in bed with the mask on and try to fall back to sleep.  I finally took the mask off around 4AM and got up.    My AHI was 5.1 last night.

I will bump up my minimum EPAP one more number today and see what happens tonight.

Shaving with little is left of my mustache off today.  I could feel it pinching my mask last night.  Occasionally I need to scratch my nose, so I sneak a finger under my mask.  Maybe that is the mask leaks I see.

Still need to take an entire day off to read in detail all the data that Sleepy Head captures.

But I have to say, I feel a lot better now that my AHI numbers are not 36 or 16 or in between.  Thank you forum for helping me!!

Any suggestions on additional tweaks please feel free to post.  

My data from last night:

http://imgur.com/a/EkTU2

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 122 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 714 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,438 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.