Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
Hi..

I had formatted my SD card a couple of days ago after backing up my data in Encore Basic.  I used my machine twice since then.  I installed Sleep Head this morning.  I have two nights of data on my SD card now. I created an account for my self, then imported my data.

On the boot screen for Sleep Head it said:

You had an AHI of 16.49, which is considered horrible, please consult your doctor
You machine was on for 5 hours, 16 minutes and 39 seconds.
You had no major mask leaks (maximum was 12.00 L/min).
Your machine blasted you with a constant 5-11 cmH2O of air.

I just googled AHI and now I am going to Sleep Head's web page to read up on how to understand the data that it recorded.  My remedial understanding of all of this is that perhaps my pressure needs to be moved up?  I will know more after a some reading.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
mraroid, the best place to start with understanding SleepyHead is Robysue's Beginner's Guide: 

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Some details refer to an older version, but the principles remain the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you post your SleepyHead data here we will be able to help you interpret the data and suggest appropriate settings. See the links below for how to  organize and post data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
my advice is - there are some things that are very helpful about Sleepyhead software, but that greeting page is not one of them.  best data is on Daily, Statistics, and Overview tabs.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I used the "print" button in Sleepy Head, and printed to PDF. I posted my PDF files on Imguar:

http://imgur.com/a/C9saM

My machine is broken and I can not get into the provider mode to change any settings. The main board in the machine is broken (I will post some photos soon). I have the service hardware and software manuals for it. It can't be fixed.

I am trying to buy a DreamStation Auto BiPAP DSX700T11 as a replacement. A few are left on Amazon. I am trying to contact a friend in the USA who can bring it to me here in Ecuador if I buy it.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Humm. I saved my files as pdf files - They read very well on my computer. But after looking at the upload on Imguar, the image quality is poor. I will check back with Imguar and see if I can up load at a higher resolution.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Upload your screenshot from Imgur. See my signature line for "how to".
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mraroid, to take a screenshot just press F12. The screenshot will be saved in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Screenshots as a .png file. That file can be uploaded to Imgur for posting on the forum. The first two links in my signature describe how to organize a screenshot and post it to Imgur.

From your posted data, I see you are using your auto BiPAP in fixed mode with EPAP at 5 and IPAP at 11 (pressure support 6). This high pressure support is causing your central apnea. I suggest you change your settings to:
Mode Auto B
Min EPAP: 5.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 5.0
IPAP Max 14.0

I'm fairly certain in auto bipap mode your EPAP will average about 6.5 to 7.0 and your PS will only rise to between 3 and 4 cm. This will give you an effective range of pressures from 9.5/6.5 to 11/7.0 . It may vary from that range. With your PS at 6.0 currently, your CO2 is being washed out resulting in the apparent central apnea. You definitely need a lower PS. If you were to stay in fixed BiPAP S mode, I would suggest a setting of EPAP 6.5 and IPAP 10.0. Use the auto B mode and I think you will be surprised.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider for the good feedback and setting suggestions.  My 'ol 750P has given up the ghost.  After receiving the hardware and software manual for my unit, I pulled the main board out of the machine. The center flat packs on the back side of the board were covered in fungus and other crap.  I cleaned the dirt off the best I could with a soft brish and contact cleaner.   But, under a hand lens the center cluster of flat packs still have grime and hard goop all around them.  I think that years ago I might have spilled some coffee into the top of my unit.  Anyway, I can't use the menu or go into Provider Mode to change anything.  When I want to use my machine I plug it in, and in the morning,  I un plug it.  The on off switch will not work any more.

Happily, I just bought a new machine.  Afer asking for suggestions here, I ended up with a DreamStation Auto BiPAP DSX700T11 (3 more new units are left on Amazon for $799 each).  However I am in Ecuador.  Luckily a buddy of mine is in the USA and is coming to ecuador in a month.  She will bring it in with her.  I do like my mask, but I ended up buying the Philips Respironics Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow System - 1105167, to try it out.  And while I was buying stuff, I picked up the 6 foot heated hose as well.  

So I am going to live with what I have for about 4 or 5 more weeks unit the DreamStation arrives.  I have already gotten a copy of the providers service manual.  So I will be importing your suggested setting into my new machine when it arrives.

Suggestions on what to do between now and then - keep using my unit as it, or not use it?  I think I feel better in the morning after I have used it, but that could just be my mind playhing tricks on me.

Thanks again for all your help.  This is all new to me. 

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link Pholynyk.  A very good read....

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 191 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 343 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 294 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 378 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 207 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 111 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.