Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI out of control
Sad 
My AHI out of control

Hi everyone,

For the last 6 months my AHI has been steadily going up. I have contacted my doctor and waiting for a answer. Here is a couple of my carts. Can someone take a look and see if can help.I hope I did this right.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI out of control
Your events are clustered in to several episodes and this suggests there may be chin-tucking that obstructs your airway. jThe use of a soft cervical collar may be needed. Other than the clustered obstructive events, your therapy on BiPAP auto looks pretty good, and I suspect your pressure will stabilize at a lower level once you address the positional apnea. Please read our wikis on positional apnea and the soft cervical collar.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksFor the reply, Will look for the collar, I'm getting this sleeping on my back and side. Would it help if I sleep with no pillow?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider on the collar. My charts once looked like yours. Several years ago he suggested the collar to me and my numbers hav been great ever. since. Not using a pillow while on your back may help.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to sleep with no pillow until I can get a collar. My numbers did drop slightly. Will keep everyone informed. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
We want people to sleep well and to be comfortable. Until you have a SCC a thinner more flexible pillow can work. The objective is to fill the void under your neck when sleeping on your back to keep your chin from tucking. On your side, the pillow can pass between your shoulder and jaw and again support good position. A neck roll and soft cervical collar do these things, and the collar tends to stay with you as you move. Try to be comfortable. Even a thin pillow or towel and something that fills the void at the side of your neck when you sleep on your side will work. I want to emphasize that it is not the support under your chin that does this, but the support along the jawline. For me, the ideal apnea collar would have very little bulk in front of your chin and behind your neck, but would hug the sies of your neck below the jaw. Invent this and I'll endorse it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the collar.  Will let everyone know will lot result soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been one week and my Doctor made an adjustment. Here is a screen shot from last night. Also still wearing the collar.    
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI has dropped significantly with the use of a collar. Your doctor increased EPAP min by 2.0 cm to 14.0. A few smaller clusters of apnea are still showing, but it has improved. How is your comfort at this point?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling better, not tried in the afternoon. Still would like to get back to 3.5 or 3.00.Think the ringing in my ears is part of my high blood pressure. That is also dropping slightly. Will keep everyone updated. Thank for the support.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 960 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 245 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 1,915 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear
  IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP CONTROL srlevine1 2 433 07-18-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  cant control mouth leak sfgiants123 7 1,034 05-23-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  humidity control-summer vs winter cberistain 7 903 08-05-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: djont57

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.