Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI's have been creeping up.
My AHI's have been creeping up.
For the last 2-3 weeks, they have been going up. The lowest I've had since starting CPAP was 0.3 and the highest was 4.4.

I suspect it's my mask cushion. I use an Airfit F-20 FFM. My cushion is one night shy of 5 months old. It's the original one that I've used since night 1. It's beginning to show some slight signs of yellowing as well.

So tonight, it's a new cushion, and hopefully, lower AHI's. I've noticed that my old cushion was getting harder and harder to keep sealed. 

I was shooting for 6 months of use from a pillow before changing out to a new one. Doesn't look like that's gonna pan out.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AHI's have been creeping up.
I've been using my original F20 mask and cushion for almost 22 months. I suspect there is some other reason for the change in your AHI. How bad have the leaks been?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2019, 11:30 PM)Melman Wrote: I've been using my original F20 mask and cushion for almost 22 months. I suspect there is some other reason for the change in your AHI. How bad have the leaks been?

And here, I thought that I was pushing the issue to see 6 months of use from a mask pillow. 

I've noticed that I wake up with a leak going on. I rearrange my mask to stop the leak(s). My wife has also told me that she hears more leaks than she used to when I was early on in the CPAP therapy. 

The pillow on my mask feels much more flimsy than it used to. Not as much body as it used to have. I'm a side sleeper and I do okay. A couple of nights ago, I tightened up the straps some on my head gear so that the mask would fit tighter. 

Anyways, I'll see how tonight goes and if the AHI's drop some.
Post Reply Post Reply
My last four nights of using my new mask pillow, my AHI's were 3.5, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5

I have to think that they will get better as the mask pillow gets broken-in.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2019, 11:29 AM)Big Guy Wrote: My last four nights of using my new mask pillow, my AHI's were 3.5, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5

I have to think that they will get better as the mask pillow gets broken-in.  Dont-know

It could just be that the new mask is seen as something new on your face and your body keeps waking you up to let you know this disturbed sleep increases CA’s and OA’s after a few nights you get used to the new mask then your numbers reduce
Post Reply Post Reply
I loosened up the head straps a bit, and my AHI was 1.0 this morning. That's the best since I've been using the new pillow. 

Was getting bummed out seeing them pushing 2.0 with the new pillow.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2019, 01:53 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I loosened up the head straps a bit, and my AHI was 1.0 this morning. That's the best since I've been using the new pillow. 

Yep, I have experienced the same as you. I find that you need to find the sweet spot.Loosen up the straps and let the air puff out the pillows to make the seal. That works best for me too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2019, 02:41 PM)Nightynite Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 01:53 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I loosened up the head straps a bit, and my AHI was 1.0 this morning. That's the best since I've been using the new pillow. 

Yep, I have experienced the same as you. I find that you need to find the sweet spot.Loosen up the straps and let the air puff out the pillows to make the seal. That works best for me too.

Sweet spot indeed! I think I found it. My AHI was 0.4 this morning.  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] AHI is creeping back up after addressing flow limitations Andeee 4 388 01-25-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Pressure creeping up test49 1 414 10-26-2022, 03:30 AM
Last Post: multicast
Surprised [Treatment] Clear Airway Episodes Creeping Up Sheepish 13 3,323 03-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Ron AKA
  AHI creeping up lately mattmill 1 1,165 09-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Big leaks creeping in ppca 7 1,781 05-18-2017, 12:10 AM
Last Post: ppca
  [CPAP] AHI Creeping Up cadogan 56 7,666 03-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Beej
  AHI creeping up TyroneShoes 14 4,194 09-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.