Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AirFit F30 complete mask arrived today.
My AirFit F30 complete mask arrived today.
Along with a new ResMed water reservoir, six CPAP machine air filters, a new ClimateLine heated hose, and an extra mask / cushion for the F30. 

I plan to use the AirFit F30 tonight. Before I do, I wanted to check here for any tips and/or advice that any of you might have in regards to it.

TIA!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My AirFit F30 complete mask arrived today.
I have been on CPAP for almost 2 weeks now, and have exclusively used a F30 (Medium), and I love it. It did take a few nights to get everything adjusted, to eliminate leaks, but leaks are now very minimal. I love that I can still wear my glasses with the F30 on, and do some occasional bed reading before sleeping. I am a side sleeper, and that has not affected it in any way. Good luck with the new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2019, 06:25 PM)kjvh2004 Wrote: I have been on CPAP for almost 2 weeks now, and have exclusively used a F30 (Medium), and I love it. It did take a few nights to get everything adjusted, to eliminate leaks, but leaks are now very minimal. I love that I can still wear my glasses with the F30 on, and do some occasional bed reading before sleeping. I am a side sleeper, and that has not affected it in any way. Good luck with the new mask.

Thanks for the response! That's good to know! I do well with the AirFit F20, but was curious if the AirFit F30 might offer a bit more comfort. 

I've been on a CPAP now for almost 7 months or so. From the very 1st night with the F20, I did fine with it, and the whole sleep apnea process in general.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me about a week to tweek in all the adjustments, tightening a little each night to stop the leaks. It is the most comfortable mask that I have used.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going into my DME on Monday to see if I can get the F30 as I would like to wear my glasses at night to read. Good Day All! Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I wore it last night. I adjusted the straps to what I thought / felt was appropriate. It does feel very different. Pressure points were just under my nose and the top of my mouth. Felt kind of tight, but the feeling diminished as the night wore on. 

Initially, I didn't have any air leaks. But, as the night progressed, some did develop. I had to tighten some straps to stop them. 

I was surprised that I found that I could actually breath thru my nose with this mask. I'm a dedicated mouth-breather. I did breath thru my nose for a while, until I got bored doing it and fell asleep.

I forgot that the F30 has one more adjustable strap than the F20 does. The one at the back of your head. I didn't think to adjust it prior to use. I will do so tonight. That might have been the reason for the air leaks.

The F30 is lighter and less obtrusive. I do like that. It's only been one night, so I can't tell yet if it's going to be a keeper. I'm going to take another stab at proper strap adjustment tonight, and spend more time at it. Last night, I just basically put it on, a tug here or there, and I was in bed. 

I might even read the instructions this time. Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
The upper strap is important. That mainly controls the pressure up towards your nostrils. As I said it took me about a week to tweek it in.
Post Reply Post Reply
The adjustable strap on top of the head is what snugs the mask to the nose, to avoid leaks there. Very important.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm doing well now. No leaks that I know of. No problem with the mask and sleeping on my side. The more I use it, the better it's feeling. 

Yup......it's gonna be a keeper!!  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,973 55 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.