Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Apnea Story (Includes DS2, S9, low AHI, RERAs) - Help!
Arrow 
My Apnea Story (Includes DS2, S9, low AHI, RERAs) - Help!
Hello 

After I found Apneaboard, my knowledge has improved a lot thanks to you. I found detailed and explanatory information. Most importantly, I was relieved when I realized that I was not alone and that there were someone struggling. I am very grateful for your assistance and support in the forum.

Here is my story: I took the PSG test at the hospital. I have attached the results. They suggested Cpap titration. But since it would be difficult to sleep with electrodes again and I would pay an extra fee, it was decided to try a 3-day device from DME and then write a prescription according to the data on the SD card. I borrowed a Resmed S9 Autoset model device from DME. And I bought a Mirage Fx model mask. I used it for 3 days at 4-12 pressure setting. and I felt very good for those 3 days. I realized that I hadn't actually slept before. I felt very energetic and able to use my brain. I had this feeling before when I slept in a place with high ceilings (in a 10 meter high attic) for a while(I slept for a total of 2 weeks and felt fine in the second week). After showing the last 3 days' data to my doctor, he wrote the 4-8 pressure on my prescription. I have attached the 3 days report data. 

Then, when I learned that the DS2 was new and the newest machine came out in 2015, I ordered the DS2. I used DS2(4-10 pressure) for 1 week. But I did not feel the energy of using the S9. My AHIs were low as in the psg test. Meanwhile, my father took the psg test and it turned out that he also had sleep apnea. And I ordered another DS2. Then I met Apneaboard. I learned that brands have different algorithms. I bought a used Resmed S9 Autoset so that I can regain that 3-day energy that I first caught. We now had 3 devices: Used S9, Used DS2, unopened DS2. I used S9 (at 4-10 pressure) for 1 week-10 days. But I couldn't catch my energy. I still had nape sweats and headaches and fatigue. Then, looking at my 3-day report data and In my 3-day S9 experience, I remembered that when I got up in the morning, I felt my lungs were forced and opened. I increased the pressure to 6.6 (in a fed up state). Then I found that energy I was looking for. With 3.5 hours of sleep! Now I found what I was looking for and thought it would go on like this. But my sleep quality decreased within 2 3 days. Then I increased the pressure to 7. I felt good again. But it fell again.

Then I learned that an increase in pressure would cause central apnea. With this data, I decided to come to the forum.

I put the unopened DS2 for sale.

"Some research studies have found that a high RDI was significantly correlated with excessive daytime sleepiness, and that this correlation was stronger than that for the frequency of oxygen saturation decreases below 85%, but other studies have found only a weak correlation." 

--I absolutely agree.

1- I guess the problem is with RERAs. But I can't see RERAs in S9 and DS2, and you say that there are no effective mechanisms. Because of their algorithms. At first, it crossed my mind to buy Airsense 10 for Her for RERAs. Then when I saw that A11 came out, I thought I should buy A11 directly. I read on the forum that there is no "For Her" model for the A11. They stated that the A11 will have the "For Her" algorithm. Is this true? Are Airsense10forher/A11 sensitive to RERAs and do they react immediately? Should I buy an A11? or other types of devices?

I have attached my S9 OSCAR data. What should i focus on in screenshots? I put my different looking Flow Rates. I would like to see my RERAs? To show me the RERAs: You can access the zip version of my sd card from this linkMy AHI's are low but I'm not feeling well.

2- I think I might be UARS (based on "to my RERAs and Table 1: UARS definitions" info). What do you think? Do I need a different kind of device?

3- I'm ready to change device settings and take a new path. What settings should I use my device at tonight?

4- I've always used the DS2 at the 4-10 setting. Should I get the DS2 from my father and use it on different settings?

5- or what else can i do?

6- Do you recommend a product that can track my sleep stages with high accuracy?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
We must try to abandon it in our hearts before it abandons us.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Apnea Story (Includes DS2, S9, low AHI, RERAs) - Help!
Last night I set the minimum pressure to 6. I spent the day sleepy and sluggish. I reset it to 7 again today and I feel better than yesterday. I don't have a humidifier on the S9. Does this affect my headache?
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I set the minimum pressure to 8. Even though I played football for 1-1.5 hours, my energy was good today. I didn't have a headache. Do you mind if I increase the pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m on my phone right now and promise to respond when I’m back on the laptop. First impressions are you had good therapy on a Resmed S9 and got suckered into a new DS 2 which has no EPR and currently no data. Not good!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's right. I wonder if I would get the same therapy if I had increased the minimum pressure with the DS2. I thought about whether I was being unfair to DS2, but as you said, EPR came to my mind. I uploaded the including the last days sd card zip file in this linkI've had a lot of thoughts lately that I have UARS. I don't know if it's true. Also, is my tidal volume low? I have a height of 179 cm and a weight of 75 kg, BMI=23,4 . My fear is that after a few days I will need to raise the minimum pressure again? Thank you for taking care of me.
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
I found an answer to part of the first question. In the screenshots of the A11.
[Image: oe8rnhgoc3y61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...ef845717c9]
Post Reply Post Reply
Huhsign
SIXTH REMEDY 
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
No PAP machine can accurately track sleep stages that I'm aware of. It would need the wires like the lab test to track brainwaves.

If you've got the ResMed AirSense 9 AutoSet, load an SD card in the slot and sleep overnight. Take the SD out and after locking the card, insert it into you computers card reader. Have OSCAR installed and then upload the data on the SD card. You can then take a Daily tab screenshot by tapping F12 if on a Windows PC. Then you can attach the file into a post.

I'd suggest trying AutoSet mode at 7-15 with EPR 3 for now. Skip the Ramp if at all possible.

Don't be too concerned if we suggest changing settings after seeing the screenshots. That's part of the tuning process.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What you do not have in your OSCAR data is a lot of flow limitations, and those are the #1 marker of UARS.

Compare to my flow limits:

.pdf   Jun4.pdf (Size: 383.3 KB / Downloads: 18)

Upper airway resistance causes the flow rate curve to flatten as you inhale, and the machine detects this and logs flow limitations. You are not seeing that happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
While it may not be relevant, but also need to consider may be a combination of other elements or undiagnosed issues or reaction to any medications, as may not all way's de just due to Sleep Apnea ? that can rule in or out ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,890 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 612 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  RERAs, RDI vs AHI in Oscar, flow limitations CPAPveteran 5 786 02-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SomniumSusurrator
Question [Diagnosis] Why are my RDI/RERAs so High? rc102177 2 324 01-14-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.