Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Baby Thinks He’s a Train
My Baby Thinks He’s a Train
The past few nights have reminded me of this song by Roseanne Cash.

It's three a.m. in the morning
The train whistle is blowin'
It sounds like some lonesome song got in my soul
In my soul
My baby spent the bank and he won't be back no more

So, now that I’ve hopefully gotten your attention.....my wife thinks she’s sleeping next to a train horn.  Wearing a Dreamwear Full Face Mask I will I inexplicitly begin making a sound just like a train.  The noise is coming from the two holes on the two large holes in the mouth cushion.

Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?  I thought perhaps humidity getting into the mouth cushion was causing it, but I wiped it out in the middle of the night and still had the whine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Baby Thinks He’s a Train
(10-02-2019, 06:03 PM)Wcwilson Wrote: The past few nights have reminded me of this song by Roseanne Cash.

It's three a.m. in the morning
The train whistle is blowin'
It sounds like some lonesome song got in my soul
In my soul
My baby spent the bank and he won't be back no more

So, now that I’ve hopefully gotten your attention.....my wife thinks she’s sleeping next to a train horn.  Wearing a Dreamwear Full Face Mask I will I inexplicitly begin making a sound just like a train.  The noise is coming from the two holes on the two large holes in the mouth cushion.

Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?  I thought perhaps humidity getting into the mouth cushion was causing it, but I wiped it out in the middle of the night and still had the whine.

Those two large holes are supposed to open only when there is no pressure being delivered.  They are for anti-asphyxiation if the power goes out, or the machine stops working.  In normal use, there are supposed to be two flaps that seal the holes shut.  Can you check if those flaps are present and working properly?
Post Reply Post Reply
We have had the little flap get half way stuck in the exhaust hole, the loose end was fluttering, had to use a soft tipped blunt fingernail tool to tuck it back inside, problem cleared.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wc, how old is your mask?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,025 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone use baby bottle sterilizer to dry cpap eqpt? Cpap626 14 3,567 03-28-2021, 09:36 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Before we throw Mamma from the Train NotYourMomma 9 1,065 10-22-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a baby on nasal machine worthog 5 1,319 09-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Early Morning Train Wreck gregger 33 5,450 06-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: gregger
  Berserk! My pillow thinks my headgear is an alien HalfAsleep 15 2,676 10-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.