Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My CPAP hasn't helped me at all
My CPAP hasn't helped me at all
I was diagnosed several yrs ago and started on a CPAP. I never felt the slightest bit better - still completely exhausted. I stopped using it after 2 yrs and two bouts of pneumonia..

But now, was recently retested, still have apnea and no REM sleep. Exhaussted all the time. Tried the CPAP again for a short time but still - nothing. I feel just as tired in the am as I did when I went to bed.

Any suggestions? I have a Respironic machine. Is there something better I could get? What should the pressure setting be?

Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My CPAP hasn't helped me at all
(04-16-2016, 08:46 AM)Sybil456 Wrote: I was diagnosed several yrs ago and started on a CPAP. I never felt the slightest bit better - still completely exhausted. I stopped using it after 2 yrs and two bouts of pneumonia..

But now, was recently retested, still have apnea and no REM sleep. Exhaussted all the time. Tried the CPAP again for a short time but still - nothing. I feel just as tired in the am as I did when I went to bed.

Any suggestions? I have a Respironic machine. Is there something better I could get? What should the pressure setting be?

Many thanks!

Do you use any software so you can know what the pressure settings are presently in your machine? Or could you call the doctor's office and ask what the pressure settings are?

Post Reply Post Reply
Sybil456,
Please fill out your profile. Which respironics machine do you have? Ok, I see you have Remstar Pro under mask?
What is the pressure set at?
Order the Clinicians manual if you don't already have one.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Also, you should download Sleepthead software.
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

I know you are going by how you feel, but do you know you AHI reading and the breakdown of apneas?

Sybil,
I also responded to you in another thread where you are asking for the same information.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid158081

If you wound keep you questions in this thread, then someone here will be able to help you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sybil456,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
We need a little more information. Do you know what your pressure is? You would find that in your sleep study, do you have a copy of that? Which Respironics machine do you have, there are many models of that brand of machine. You will find that information somewhere on the bottom of it, just make sure you take the water chamber out before you turn it over to look for that information.
Hang in there for more assistance and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum has helped...but now next step to improve nightgagger 62 5,696 01-05-2022, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Helped requested for good AHI but frequent awakenings SakimaStorm 1 575 08-25-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better? DaveL 58 4,660 07-08-2021, 10:31 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  New user, helped needed Jay2 8 912 02-01-2021, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Jay2
  Has CPAP helped with nightmares and "harsh awakenings"? Paptillian 12 5,247 04-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [CPAP] eBook that helped me CPAP Sidekick LAnson 2 1,148 04-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Last Post: gwc2795
  ASV treatment working - Health hasn't improved. HitAus 8 1,879 12-27-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Boodmaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.