Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Chin Strap Arrived all ready!
Grin 
My Chin Strap Arrived all ready!
So I received my Chin Strap and after some figuring out and a bunch of google pics I think I have it figured out...PHEW! My WONDERFUL Sleep Care provider got it to me overnight... OK enough bragging... They sent me a Respironics Premium Style Chin Strap... My head gear for my Nasal pillows fits right over its straps... So I am excited... Then they are supposed to send me a ResMed’s AirFit™ P10 nasal pillows... See what happens with my leakage! I am excited... Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Chin Strap Arrived all ready!
I wish you better chin-strap luck than I have ever had.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 10:42 PM)ChadIAm Wrote: ... My head gear for my Nasal pillows fits right over its straps... So I am excited... Then they are supposed to send me a ResMed’s AirFit™ P10 nasal pillows... See what happens with my leakage! I am excited... Big Grin

If you've been mouth-leaking the chin strap should immediately reduce your leak rate. Just make sure you've got the proper amount of tension. You should be able to open your mouth, if not it's too tight. You should find it uncomfortable to chew, if not it's too loose.

If you still find yourself mouth-leaking you'll need to tighten it up a bit.

Also, sometimes people have trouble with the chin strap falling off. If you put the chin strap on first, followed by the mask, the mask straps can help keep the chin strap in place.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 06:30 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 10:42 PM)ChadIAm Wrote: ... My head gear for my Nasal pillows fits right over its straps... So I am excited... Then they are supposed to send me a ResMed’s AirFit™ P10 nasal pillows... See what happens with my leakage! I am excited... Big Grin

If you've been mouth-leaking the chin strap should immediately reduce your leak rate. Just make sure you've got the proper amount of tension. You should be able to open your mouth, if not it's too tight. You should find it uncomfortable to chew, if not it's too loose.

If you still find yourself mouth-leaking you'll need to tighten it up a bit.

Also, sometimes people have trouble with the chin strap falling off. If you put the chin strap on first, followed by the mask, the mask straps can help keep the chin strap in place.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted.

Peter_C I did well!

Sleepster Thanks for the info... I luckily found a video that explained about how much tension there should be... I need a little more I think, had one instance I woke up and I know I was mouth breathing.

On a good note my Leaks reduced by about 50%. The 4 times I had leaks, they were very brief periods and not 30 min long and lined up with Hypopnea's. You could see where the machine assisting my breathing. I really like SleepyHead software. Have read through the user guide and understand how to use it now.... I like how you can zoom in on events and see the changes in the graphs... So excited to see how the use of software and great ideas from the forum users will continue to beter my sleeping experience! Thanks Everyone for your assistance! Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
Good deal~! Because talking to myself seems to be an up and down thing, and me using any kind of chin-strap played heck with my over-bite (5yrs of braces - long story), I've no choice but to go to a full face mask full time. I dislike FFMs - harder to take on and off, can't really talk or cough or sneeze easily, etc...

But it is what it is...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I also got a new chin strap that is a Ruby Red look alike but cheaper. It works great! I can now wear my nasal mask with no worries. My AHI was 0.0 and 0.2 for the past two nights with it on. It was only $13 from amazon. I ordered the extra large because that style tends to run small.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 12:10 PM)Lukie Wrote: I also got a new chin strap that is a Ruby Red look alike but cheaper. It works great! I can now wear my nasal mask with no worries. My AHI was 0.0 and 0.2 for the past two nights with it on. It was only $13 from amazon. I ordered the extra large because that style tends to run small.

Awesome Lukie.. second night was even better for me... I am glad you like your Ruby Red knock off after being disappointed at first! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 04:00 PM)ChadIAm Wrote:
(01-19-2014, 12:10 PM)Lukie Wrote: I also got a new chin strap that is a Ruby Red look alike but cheaper. It works great! I can now wear my nasal mask with no worries. My AHI was 0.0 and 0.2 for the past two nights with it on. It was only $13 from amazon. I ordered the extra large because that style tends to run small.

Awesome Lukie.. second night was even better for me... I am glad you like your Ruby Red knock off after being disappointed at first! Big Grin

your eye is a lot tamer than your other avatar lol Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 595 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,101 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,170 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.