Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Christmas Present
Looks like I get a Lap Cholecystectomy for Christmas.

Post Reply Post Reply
My condolences. Who'd you p*** off, Santa?
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2014, 05:31 PM)sgearhart Wrote: My condolences. Who'd you p*** off, Santa?

Well, my mama always told me to be good, or I'd get a lump of coal.
I guess gallstones might fall into that category.
Post Reply Post Reply

How long you are going to out of commission? You realize that I'm going to have to cancel the dancing girls I had planned for your present. Oh well. . . .

I meant "Bears" not "Girls" . . I had a slip of the fingers.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2014, 05:52 PM)sgearhart Wrote: How long you are going to out of commission? You realize that I'm going to have to cancel the dancing girls I had planned for your present. Oh well. . . .
I meant "Bears" not "Girls" . . I had a slip of the fingers.

Should be only a couple of days... I was looking forward to those dancing girls bears.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had that a few years ago about this time of year. Honestly best thing you ever did. Wish they would taken mine out at birth.

The surgery isnt really that bad. I was in out the same day. Only thing I was told not to do for a few days was lift much. Said I could pop a hernia at the puncture sites. Other than that I was riding a motorcycle in about four days.

And could eat whatever I wanted for a change instead of broiled chicken breast every meal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Mongo,
Get better soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
the gall....
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a dead easy op. You will fell better in no time. Don't sweat it - the anesthesia is worse than the op itself. Expect some mood swings for a few days, then all will be fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-17-2014, 12:22 PM)DocWils Wrote: This is a dead easy op. You will fell better in no time. Don't sweat it - the anesthesia is worse than the op itself. Expect some mood swings for a few days, then all will be fine.

I've always felt the anesthesiologist is the most important person in the room. Has control of blood gasses, clotting factors, cardiac rhythm, et cetera.

They used Propofol for my colonoscopy in 2010. It was great. Quick to sleep; fast to wake with no after effects. Ready to go home in 10 minutes.

I suspect they'll use something else for the lap Cholecystectomy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poll: 2015 White Christmas? PollCat 30 2,171 01-10-2016, 03:58 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Christmas Cut-outs surferdude2 3 683 12-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  Math and Christmas justMongo 15 2,446 01-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year zonk 5 3,087 12-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Last Post: DocWils