Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My DLINK DGS-108 switch died last night
So, I got up this morning and I could not access the internet. My computer is plugged into a Linksys router (WRT160N.) One of the router ports in plugged into a DLINK DGS-108, 8 port switch.

There are some bad reviews for that switch at Jeff Bezo's online emporium.

Sometime during the night switch went bonkers. It was tying up my router somehow. By elimination, it's the point of failure.

So, I need a new 8 port switch. Anyone have a suggestion for a reliable 8 port switch.

Doesn't need PoE nor to be managed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using a NETGEAR ProSAFE FS108NA 8-Port Switch that I've had for quite a while with no issues.

$19.99 on Amazon (for the non-PoE version) with free shipping for Prime members.

Looks like some solid reviews also (at least for the non-PoE version).

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
How old is the Dlink? probably bad caps. Just recapped a Dell PowerConnect 2016. Guess that was built at the time Dell went cheap and bought bad caps by the container.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-05-2016, 12:22 PM)AlanE Wrote: How old is the Dlink? probably bad caps. Just recapped a Dell PowerConnect 2016. Guess that was built at the time Dell went cheap and bought bad caps by the container.

I purchased it July 29, 2015. I probably should have put a 40mm fan in the top of the case. This switch runs to my Roku 3, my OPPO BlueRay, and my OTA DVR. I've been really running the ROKU lately.

I was thinking I needed a gigabit switch -- I really don't since my internet is only 5 mbps downstream. So, a 10/100 will do the job.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, but it is nice to connect up and see 1000 mbps even if it is only to the switch. Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking in my toy box, I find a unknown name 10/100 4+1 port switch with PoE that can be turned on/off with a dip switch. And. I find a DLINK DGS-1008P 8 port Gigabit switch. 4 ports are PoE and 4 are not.

I guess I can try one of these.
Post Reply Post Reply

OK, up and running with the DLINK DGS-1008P 8 port Gigabit switch I had stashed away.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2016, 03:52 PM)justMongo Wrote: OK, up and running with the DLINK DGS-1008P 8 port Gigabit switch I had stashed away.

Hi justMongo, where do you sleep on this earth?
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2016, 03:58 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 03:52 PM)justMongo Wrote: OK, up and running with the DLINK DGS-1008P 8 port Gigabit switch I had stashed away.

Hi justMongo, where do you sleep on this earth?

You don't read Russian? The People's Republic of California.
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-05-2016, 03:58 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote: Hi justMongo, where do you sleep on this earth?

I find it best to sleep on the outside of the Earth.

--- Switches

Switches have almost become commodity devices these days for the home user.

They're cheap and work pretty darn good. The autoconfig works pretty well unless you're doing something strange.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Dell Insperon 1525 laptop died justMongo 16 1,500 08-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Last Post: justMongo