Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

RE: My DLINK DGS-108 switch died last night
That's sex on a stick. Nice design on those boards.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 07:08 PM by AlanE.)
04-10-2016 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

You replaced you switch, I had to replace my Xfinity Gateway, again.

People ask why I rent my modems (Gateways) from Xfinity (aka Comcast) - I usually get about a year out of one before it goes south and they tell me I have to replace it. Gave me their latest and greatest and even let me steal the battery out of the old. Did notice the speed difference.

Odd thing is the only way to activate it was through WiFi. Couldn't do it with a a wired connection. Once activated, wire connection worked fine.

Homer
04-13-2016 03:12 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(04-13-2016 03:12 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:  You replaced you switch, I had to replace my Xfinity Gateway, again.

People ask why I rent my modems (Gateways) from Xfinity (aka Comcast) - I usually get about a year out of one before it goes south and they tell me I have to replace it. Gave me their latest and greatest and even let me steal the battery out of the old. Did notice the speed difference.

Odd thing is the only way to activate it was through WiFi. Couldn't do it with a a wired connection. Once activated, wire connection worked fine.

Homer

After going through several ADSL modems (5 as I recall,) I started putting 40mm or 60mm fans in their case. There is no thermal design consideration. I can imagine what it's like in Tuscon. (Last time I was there was in 1978.)

On the activation via WiFi -- so many people just want WiFi.

I'm going to put fans in my Roku 3 and my switch.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-13-2016 03:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

(04-13-2016 03:22 PM)justMongo Wrote:  
(04-13-2016 03:12 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:  You replaced you switch, I had to replace my Xfinity Gateway, again.

Homer

After going through several ADSL modems (5 as I recall,) I started putting 40mm or 60mm fans in their case. There is no thermal design consideration. I can imagine what it's like in Tuscon. (Last time I was there was in 1978.)

On the activation via WiFi -- so many people just want WiFi.

I'm going to put fans in my Roku 3 and my switch.

If these were my modems, I probably would put them in a case with a fan, but seeing as I am renting and getting new modems at a price cheaper than buying them, I am not going to go through the effort of making an enclosure. These vent on the top and sides and I have plenty of airspace around them. Most of the heat is dissipated out the top and I have about a foot of open space above it.

While not modems, our electronics rack for our sound/video system at church has 6 large fans in it, plus the amps and power director have their own. Keeps everything quit cool and it is very quiet.

For Tucson, the high temp today is supposed to be the mid 80s. We keep the house at 78 and my office is the coldest spot in the house. :-)
04-14-2016 01:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Dell Insperon 1525 laptop died justMongo 16 1,353 08-21-2015 02:30 PM
Last Post: justMongo