Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My DME inferred Apnea Board Forum as basement scammers and OSCAR as corrupt
RE: My DME inferred Apnea Board Forum as basement scammers and OSCAR as corrupt
(01-09-2020, 05:18 PM)Plmnb Wrote: I just left my DME an hour or so ago.  I told her like I tell everyone else, RESMED recommends Apneaboard.com on their website!

I don't think they would do that if you guys were not legit.

Plmnb

"RESMED recommends Apneaboard.com on their website!"

That's just not true.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
They do in fact tell people to come here in one of their help sections. I’ll post it when I find it. I’ve seen it with my own eyes.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
just to clarify, no invite to my basement was issued or implied

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They don’t actually recommend the forum but they do mention that a lot of people go here to help themselves. Here’s the link https://www.resmed.com/us/en/blog/improv...f8e6f6b632
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2020, 10:08 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: They don’t actually recommend the forum but they do mention that a lot of people go here to help themselves. Here’s the link https://www.resmed.com/us/en/blog/improv...f8e6f6b632

They don't say people come here to help themselves.  It is not directing or even suggesting that people come here to find help.  

That's just an outright, um, mis-characterization.  (five posts up)

You are correct in that they mention this as a place where people have asked for help.  It only buttresses their point that a lot of people have questions.  They're trying to illustrate that people have a lot of problems with therapy, not suggesting where one can go for help; their point is  look at ALL online resources, and here are two as an example.  They don't say there is any solution or help here.

(I will bet next month's mortgage payment that no reputable manufacturer will likelly ever point to an un-regulated online community as a reputable source since they can't control or moderate content. I would think the FDA would strongly discourage them doing so.

Again, it's like the difference between saying "Joe's bar is a really, really good bar!  When you want to drink, they have the best drinks and most generous happy-hour specials in town! And some attractive wait staff!" versus "A lot of drunks hang out at Joe's Bar."  The blog posting says the equivalent to "There are a lot of drunks in town.  Just go look in Joe's Bar if you don't believe me."
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh for the love of god. By them mentioning this forum in that context it gives the forum a ton of credibility. Whoever can argue this further but I’m done cause in the grand scheme of things it’s doesn’t matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't care, having the name of this board, included as a live link, on their website is encouragement enough for me to check us out.  It does state in very small print at the bottom of their page disclaimers that ALSO appear on this site. 

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2020, 04:28 PM)car54 Wrote: jaswilliams,

The prescription was sent electronically and when I called the DME to schedule an appointment they told me it was for an Aircurve. When I got there they said because of my results Medicare won't let me have the Aircurve, all I can get is an Airsense.

Don’t understand that. We are on Medicare and our DME only offers machines that record data. If you get an A10 it will be the Autoset. Same with the other brands.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 766 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 338 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,483 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 222 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can respiratory effort be inferred from OSCAR data? alienfrontier 1 248 02-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 364 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.