Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My DME story...
RE: My DME story...
I would definitely remove it once your compliance is complete, if it were me.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My DME story...
(10-17-2014, 02:41 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I'm glad you're done with the modem, now you need to be done with the DME. Get a copy of your prescription if you don't have it and order your stuff online. Be sure and tell the owner of the DME place that's what you're going to do because there are several really big fibs in her statements to.

...and about killing yourself with the machine? I suppose that could happen: Especially if it were dropped from a 5th floor window onto your head. Other than that? I'm not so sure.

I'll get the Rx next week so I have the option to untether from my DME in the future.

I see through my Aetna health insurance web portal exactly what they're paying the DME. I'm on the hook for 50% co-pay on it. As long as my ResMed S9 AutoSet is a rental and under warranty, I see no reason to sever my relationship with this brick & mortar DME. I can buy filters, mask liners, hoses, and the other wear items through them and let them deal with billing my insurance company.

They were stumped when I got my first bill and called asking to set up auto-pay. The 'negotiated rate' Aetna pays the DME is so crappy that my monthly bill for machine rental and some spare parts is chump change. Just email me the receipt and save the postage. You'd think I was asking for a fusion reactor or somethin'.

I've been watching Craigslist for a spare CPAP machine. I do enough business travel that I'd like to have a spare in my roll-aboard and not risk trashing my main machine transporting it all the time. It's amazing how many hit the market within 75 miles of me either unused or used only a few times.

Actually, I should set up a spare at my sofa. Smile

I have a Philips Respironics Wisp nasal mask. I picked a small, light weight one that didn't have a forehead bridge so it didn't interfere with reading glasses. I don't seem to be having any problems with it but I'd like to try a few others; particularly to see if I can cope with a nasal pillow mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,832 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,017 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Geer1's Story - It isn't always Apnea (or UARS) Geer1 8 1,128 05-20-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Llort
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,842 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.