Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to prevent dry as bones Mouth ?
RE: How to prevent dry as bones Mouth ?
I agree that you are likely opening your mouth in your sleep. Gotta solve that problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
THx  - This mouth wash also mentioned by Melman .
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using Biotene until my Dentist put me onto a product GC Dry Mouth Gel and have found it far superior to the Biotene. I'm sure it would be available in the States and Canada.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Hojo 

Will buy today .

pk

Thanks Hojo 

Will buy today .

pk
Post Reply Post Reply
SH shows my leak rates as very low--have never had a large leak in 2.5 years of use except when my Wisp mask came unhooked once. I had real dry mouth problems--now I use Xylamelts and they work great. Google them or find their manufacturer. I tried Biotene but it didn't help through the night. I also use a soft cervical neck support which does the job of keeping my mouth shut.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for ref to Xylamelts
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a taper, but first rub a small dab of hand or face lotion into my skin where the tape will sit. It works well for me to reduce adhesion. Only a small amount is needed -- obviously the tape won't stick if too much lotion is applied.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use MedVance 2 inch silicone tape with great success. Seals like a champ. A tad more expensive but you can use a piece of if for 2 or 3 nights, so nor as pricey as may first appear. Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 110 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 10 1,380 04-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 166 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 938 04-19-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 139 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to prevent rainout? Dariex 6 200 04-08-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 222 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.