Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Dad Is Doing Great.
My Dad Is Doing Great.
My dad has been using one of these machines for >4 years now.

I was raving to him how awesome I was doing now that I've been upgraded from airsense 11 to an aircurve 10 vauto.

He's lilke: well, maybe I need a new machine too?

He's not complaining about his airsense 10 so I was skeptical but I checked and he had over a thousand nights recorded on his sd card. I installed oscar on his computer and we loaded them up for a look.

His average AHI? 0.22.

Years and months and days of just non-existent apnea. There were three days in november where he had a cold and his AHI was > 20 but that is the only spike in years of records.

Pretty crazy how different people need different treatments. Was terrific to see he's doing so well. He's had no contact with sleep dr for years.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Dad Is Doing Great.
Keep an eye on the machine hours and realize at about 22000 hours he will start to get an error of machine life exceeded. He would be well-served to include a brief discussion of his therapy with his doctor to establish a medical record of use and benefit. Hopefully he will be able to get a new machine through his insurance with an order from his doctor, but it's also possible he may be told to get a sleep study. The machines are in short supply now, so plan ahead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Dad Is Doing Great.
impolexg welcome to the forum!

That's incredible news. He's doing so well. (I replaced my S9 E machine with 22,200 hours on it about a year and a half ago. The wonderful help here made it easy to get used to the new machine. I have an S10 autosense for her machine. Of course the S11 came out about 6 months later.... :-)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 410 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  2 Months In, Waking hourly, but Oscar looks great (I think), what gives? SleepyEv 0 534 05-25-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: SleepyEv
  Started off great but now struggling logcuttertx 1 421 05-22-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to ASV - AHI is great, but still feel like I'm not sleeping well Sassbeek 35 3,079 03-20-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sassbeek
  Not sleeping as great as used to kemeky 12 981 12-11-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: kemeky
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 517 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  [OXIMETER] Great deals withtao 0 500 11-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Last Post: withtao

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.