Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Data from 10/10/2017
My Data from 10/10/2017
[attachment=3896]Last night was my second night of therapy and this is the first posting of data for comments and/or suggestions

Looks like I had major leak issues.

Other than trying to fix leaks - any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Data from 10/10/2017
Attachments will become lost over time because your allotted space for attachments in limited. We like to see a history, what has worked and what has not worked. Use IMGUR and put the link in your post.  Many of our signatures describe how to do this.

That said about half of your events are Central Apnea/Clear Airway.  Thus I recommend dropping EPR to zero/turning it off.  After this expect additional changes including reducing your max pressure to possibily going with a fixed pressure.  How your body reacts will determine how we go.

Also post a copy of your sleep study results.  Would like to see anything related to Central or Complex Apnea.  Frequently these are not mentioned in the summary data.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 12:31 PM)bonjour Wrote: Attachments will become lost over time because your allotted space for attachments in limited. We like to see a history, what has worked and what has not worked. Use IMGUR and put the link in your post.  Many of our signatures describe how to do this.

That said about half of your events are Central Apnea/Clear Airway.  Thus I recommend dropping EPR to zero/turning it off.  After this expect additional changes including reducing your max pressure to possibily going with a fixed pressure.  How your body reacts will determine how we go.

Also post a copy of your sleep study results.  Would like to see anything related to Central or Complex Apnea.  Frequently these are not mentioned in the summary data.

Fred

[Image: FlXYqsql.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Fred (bonjour), and further suggest a fixed pressure of 8.0. We want to eliminate the CA events and see if OA is controlled at this pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As an aside, see those leaks with the flat-ish tops? Those are mouth leaks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Set fixed pressure to 8cm
EPR off
Mouth leaks?  Oh oh.  Let see what happens tonight.

Tried to upload my sleep study without luck but here are the key parameters:

Slept 397 min
116 Apnea events, 104 hypopnea
220 Apnea and hypopnea 
91 OA
18 CA
7 mixed
104 hypopnea
AHI 33.3
SaO2 83% was lowest with 2.4 min under 88%

Hope to get both QA & CA down with your help.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: BqRa9z4l.png]
Last night (3 rd night on CPAP)
EPR off
APAP max 8cm min 7.6cm
P10 wearing a chin strap (loose?)
Not getting any closer
Suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for trying fixed pressure and no EPR. This approach made no difference for you, so feel free to resume the most comfortable settings you can find. Continue to work on mask leaks, and if we don't see progress after a month, then you will need to begin working with your doctor to obtain ASV therapy. There is still a good chance that after several weeks, you will need events diminish and will begin to get much better therapy. Your event rate is not excessively high, and for now the priority needs to be comfort, and finding a way to beat the leaks. The first-third of the night looks perfect. If we can get that to go the distance, you'll be fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 5Bq2SHFl.png]

Now I'm confused   Oh-jeez

changed auto pressure to 6.6 - 10.6 range left everything else as before
wore simple chin strap a bit tighter
I had a rough night with lots of wakeness, and issues with nasal pillow leaks
but AHI looks like best yet.
my AHI since I started on 10/9 are: 23.07, 6.62, 7.94, and last night 1.67

Was it the pressure increase?  Should I try range of 6-11?

I appreciate your help finding optimize settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,283 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbies Only - Joined since 2017 PollCat 2 818 10-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model Southern gal 2 1,168 04-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: ajack
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,073 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.