Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Data from 10/10/2017
RE: My Data from 10/10/2017
I would not increase maximum pressure, your effective minimum pressure appears to be 8.0. Looks great, and hope this continues for you. Looks like auto pressure without EPR might be the way to go for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2017, 09:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I would not increase maximum pressure, your effective minimum pressure appears to be 8.0.  Looks great, and hope this continues for you.  Looks like auto pressure without EPR might be the way to go for now.

Thanks

Will leave it as is for a few days

Only change I might try tonight is the dreamwear pillow since Resmed P10 bothered my nose last night & is the reason I stopped using it around 4 ish.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only change was from P10 nasal pillow to Dreamware pillow,

I toss & turn and having tube exit on top helps me.

Anything stand out for me to tweek or should I leave settings alone for a few days?

Thank you

[Image: Oh8UHIvl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are all over the place with the same settings. You have had events under 1.5 and over 6 with these pressure settings. There really isn't anything I can think of that might change that, although it seems this settles down in time for most people. You seem to have effective settings, and we're just going to have to take a wait and see approach.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2017, 08:50 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your results are all over the place with the same settings.  You have had events under 1.5 and over 6 with these pressure settings.  There really isn't anything I can think of that might change that, although it seems this settles down in time for most people.  You seem to have effective settings, and we're just going to have to take a wait and see approach.

Thank you - guess as long as pressure settings & EPR seem Ok I will just leave settings alone and post daily results here since my ability to read & analyze data are very limited.

Have a great week end & again  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Data from 10/13-14/2017
I was digging around yesterday and found the original mask I was given when I first tried CPAP about two years ago.  With my mouth leaks thought it would be a great test to see if a FFM was the answer.  It is the Respironics Amara View - no size found on mask.

Fit was uncomfortable, hitting bridge of nose, and appeared to be leaking with any shift or movement.  Used it until almost 4:00 and then switched to Dreamwear.

No other changes made other than turned on EPR at level 1 for ramp only.

I have studied the charts to compare the leaks to the previous nights but frankly not sure if I really understand what it demonstrates.

Any input or analysis on last night with FFM to all previous nights with Nasal pillow would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

[Image: Tg0QNmTl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
There was (is?) a regular full-face mask called the Amara, and a new Amara View (minimal contact) which sits under the nose and over the mouth. If the Amara View is touching the bridge of your nose you aren't wearing it right Grin 
Also the Amara View has an S, M, or L on the bottom, below the mouth opening. 

There is a 360 view at https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...-face-mask

For the Amara, there is a Product view at https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...-face-mask - note the 360 view there shows the Amara View...!

I've never used a standard FFM, and I find the Amara View to be finicky to adjust, but not bad once adjusted. I don't love it, and it's the best I've found so far, since I do mouth-breathe, or at least my mouth opens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 01:22 PM)pholynyk Wrote: There was (is?) a regular full-face mask called the Amara, and a new Amara View (minimal contact) which sits under the nose and over the mouth. If the Amara View is touching the bridge of your nose you aren't wearing it right Grin 
Also the Amara View has an S, M, or L on the bottom, below the mouth opening. 

There is a 360 view at https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...-face-mask

For the Amara, there is a Product view at https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...-face-mask - note the 360 view there shows the Amara View...!

I've never used a standard FFM, and I find the Amara View to be finicky to adjust, but not bad once adjusted. I don't love it, and it's the best I've found so far, since I do mouth-breathe, or at least my mouth opens.

Double checked.  Mine is exactly like video and images and is an Amara View cushion is size L (large):  but interestingly no opening on flap under nostrils.

After reviewing and re-reading everything I probably did not have it adjusted correctly.  Will follow instructions closely tonight and hope to  Sleep-well

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Followed video & instructions on the Amara View FFM last night and leakage is much better. Mask is still not really comfortable - maybe the size.
Here are the graphs from last night.
It appears that I'm starting to get used to the CPAP - numbers do not look bad but hoping to tweek them a bit more.
If anyone sees a tweek I should try please advise.

Thank you
[Image: WCphe9Vl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I've embedded last two nights 10/16 was with Amara View FFM and last night 10/17 was with new ResMed F20 AirFit. I fought with Amara View all night and really liked the new F20 AirFit. I did have leaks with the F20 but it occurred when my chin tucked. I will either have to adjust bottom madnetic straps a bit tighter, or lossen to strap or maybe a cervical collar.

But can"t seem to get my over all AHI down.

Any apparent tweeks from the charts that I could/should try?

10/17/17
[Image: XFlIy4Rl.png]

10/18/17
[Image: 3RMVhjJl.png]

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbies Only - Joined since 2017 PollCat 2 818 10-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model Southern gal 2 1,164 04-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: ajack
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,070 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.