Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First Night Data With The Resmed S9 Auto Set
RE: My First Night Data With The Resmed S9 Auto Set
It would be nice if it was like drugs:

You want generic (S-9 Escape), it is covered at 100%
You want name brand (S-9 Elite), you have $100 copay
You want new cutting edge name brand (S-9 Autoset), you pay $200 copay

I'm just making up numbers but the general idea is that patients should be expected to pay more when they receive more (just like everything else in the world). The idea that someone else should foot the bill is a large part of the problem in the healthcare industry. People in America want $1000 worth of healthcare but they want someone else to pay the $1000.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 08:57 AM)robysue Wrote: I'm glad that you are happy with the results of your first night with the S9 AutoSet.

But I also have to comment on this:
(06-19-2014, 09:45 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: LAst night was my first one I had just 3 recorded events recorded over 8 hrs of APAping (I believe that I did sleep for at least 5 of those Hrs).
Getting only 5 hours of sleep during an 8-hour "time in bed (sleep window)" is enough to leave anybody exhausted.

How much actual sleep were you getting with the Premo on a regular basis? And how much time were you spending in bed trying to sleep but not sleeping?
Roby Sue,

You were a great help a few month ago with your advice. As you may remember my sleep was terrible lat yr and did never improve much. I did get rid of the sleep medication 2 months go and then the Sleep got even worst. I did take sleep medication the last 2 nights with the new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments.

My 2nd night with the New Combo was almost as good. AhI of 0.6. 3 Central Apneas & 1 Hypnopea over 8 hrs of usage(I beleive that I did get over 6 hrs of real sleep, Did take the sleep medication).

In general I am feeling a lot better then Usual so it is not just a numbers game. It sounds too good to be true but keeping my fingers crossed.

I did keep the EPR on at the setting of 1 which might be triggering the Central Apneas, So tonite I will turn it off and will try to slep without any medication to see how it will go.

@ Retired Guy: The Leak was next to none over the 2 nights. The 3 Masks I have used before F& P Pilario, Inno-med Hybrid (For 3 Days Only) & F & P Zest leaked like crazy.

@ Jaycee: Here in Canada they were not covering the extra Test before the Anniversary of the first test, thats why I had to wait till July 9th . They Initially gave me an urgent date of May 28th but I had to pay $580 for the test so I decided to wait. They did tell me that I will get the Govt. coverage (75% of the Cost) if the test prove that I require an APAP. But the Local DME charge ridiculous amount for the machine & also love to push Fisher & PAykel Products. They don't like to sell Resmed , Although they stock it. Initially they talked me out of getting the Resmed saying that it is extremely overrated and were charging extra for the Humidifier & Climate line (Also told me that the Govt doe not cover the upgrades as with Resmed they come as an optional upgrade items).

So even after the test I possibly would have paid about $375 as my portion and then they charge $350 flat for all FFM. (They do generously take them back if it does not work ) I did buy my Hybrid mask from US for $160 but ending up paying another 90 for the Shipping & duty, only to use it for 3 days as the leak were phenomenal.

I did good local Kijjiji search and found the Brand New Machine & the Brand New Mask For $650 altogether. So It did not hurt my pockets at all.

I am not too sure If I will go for the Sleep Study but I won't Buy another machine.
Will keep you guys posted. Hopefully with continued Success stories Smile.

Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, My AHI was not way too high with the Icon Premo either. It was in the 3.8 to 4.5 range which on paper is not bad but I used to get the cluster of events during REM sleep sometime 8-12 within a span of 20 mins.
And I just felt terrible. For a long time I thought that they were the Side effects of the Sleep Medications so had to work so hard to get myself from those meds. But things actually got worse as the sleep got even more disrupted without them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 03:54 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: I did keep the EPR on at the setting of 1 which might be triggering the Central Apneas, So tonite I will turn it off and will try to slep without any medication to see how it will go.

I would just change 1 thing, then see how it goes for a few nights. The sleep meds or the epr could be contributing to the CA's, or it may still just be your body getting used to the new ideas. But in any case, the CA numbers, and the overall AHI is nothing to get excited about. Well, excited "good" maybe, but not excited "bad."

It would be a good thing if you could eliminate the drugs. Personally I don't think chronic use of any drug is a very good idea, and I have a few I have to take "chronically."
(06-20-2014, 03:54 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: I am not too sure If I will go for the Sleep Study but I won't Buy another machine.
Will keep you guys posted. Hopefully with continued Success stories Smile.

I think you're done! I don't see any reason why you need no stinkin' test... You're doing great!

Post Reply Post Reply
3rd Night did not go s planned. Did not Fiddle with the EPR but decided not to take the Sleeping Pill. took 2 hrs to fall asleep but woke up 20 minutes later. Hardly got any sleep all night. AHI was 0.3 with 2 CA's & 1 OSA But the great numbers are deceiving as the Sleep was terribly Fragmented . Had Bad Headaches in the morning & terribly Fatigued.
I think I should try to get 4-5 good nights sleep with good AHI before doing any changes so will be going bak tonite with the Sleeping pill.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2014, 04:38 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: 3rd Night did not go s planned. Did not Fiddle with the EPR but decided not to take the Sleeping Pill. took 2 hrs to fall asleep but woke up 20 minutes later. Hardly got any sleep all night. AHI was 0.3 with 2 CA's & 1 OSA But the great numbers are deceiving as the Sleep was terribly Fragmented . Had Bad Headaches in the morning & terribly Fatigued.
I think I should try to get 4-5 good nights sleep with good AHI before doing any changes so will be going bak tonite with the Sleeping pill.

Can you try breaking the sleeping pill in half? Just a thought to help you come off them, halves then quarters. How long have your been on them?
If it has been a while they are not going to let you get rid of them without a fight, so nice and easy does it.
Good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
You gotta stop going to Timmies. LOL……….. I stop going to to timmies at 6pm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2014, 04:38 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: 3rd Night did not go s planned. Did not Fiddle with the EPR but decided not to take the Sleeping Pill. took 2 hrs to fall asleep but woke up 20 minutes later. Hardly got any sleep all night. AHI was 0.3 with 2 CA's & 1 OSA But the great numbers are deceiving as the Sleep was terribly Fragmented . Had Bad Headaches in the morning & terribly Fatigued.

(06-21-2014, 06:28 PM)Gabby Wrote:

Can you try breaking the sleeping pill in half? Just a thought to help you come off them, halves then quarters. How long have your been on them?
If it has been a while they are not going to let you get rid of them without a fight, so nice and easy does it.
Good luck.

I agree with Gabby. Your apnea is being nicely controlled with an AHI of 0.3. You just aren't going to do much better than that. So the problem is you aren't sleeping.

I suspect that is entirely due to the lack of the sleeping pill.

So perhaps you need to taper off of it a bit as Gabby suggests.

But it just seems to me that once you get through that process you are going to do extremely well.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was on the pill from June Last yr till April of this yr and then I slowly started weaning off and eventually got rid of it. But the sleep got worse & AHI got worse so after 20 days I started taking alternate pills every five days but was pretty much sleeping only on the night I was taking the pills. Was getting some sleep but extremely fragmented Sleep on the nights without the pills. So with the machine change I did take the Pill 2 nights in a row which were good and then the last night I did not and had one of the worst one.
Now I have decided to take the for a few days with the new Machine & the Low AHI and then will wean off slowly once I am caught up with the sleep debt (Hopefully).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,330 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 242 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.