Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First Night Data With The Resmed S9 Auto Set
RE: My First Night Data With The Resmed S9 Auto Set
(06-28-2014, 02:23 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: I stayed away from Caffenie for almost a yr but have started drinking Tea in the morning & coffee in the afternoon. Just don't take any after 4pm.

The temptation to use caffeine is very understandable but, in your case, I suspect stimulants like caffeine will be hugely destructive.

It takes days (actually two weeks, I've read) for the caffeine to get totally out of your system. So a simple rule like "just one cup, and only before noon" would likely still be bad for you.

Your life is being ruined by horrible lack of quality sleep. I suppose you won't want to hear this, but, in addition to tapering off sleeping pills, I think it likely that you will again need to totally give up caffeine.

I suggest giving up the caffeine first, because this would likely make it easier to taper off the sleeping meds.

I think this book is a good resource, and can be found on Amazon:
"Caffeine Blues: Wake Up to the Hidden Dangers of America's #1 Drug", by Stephen Snehan Cherniske

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice.

I only take caffeine to counter the extreme fatigue that I encounter but you are right things in general are not very good since I started taking Caffeine again. I will stop taking it . The coffee is easy to give up but the morning tea is the hardest one to give up. I was using many herbal teas before & will start taking them again.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2014, 09:23 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: I was using Zopiclone . Was also prescribed many others but Temazapam was another one that worked & Lorazapem did work too.

At one point I was using as high as 15mg dose but not on daily basis. Started weaning off from 7.5mg to 5 to 3.75 to 2.5 to none.

First 2 nights without the pills were Horrid with no sleep but afterwards I started sleeping a bit but the night without the Meds always felt like I never got any sleep at all.
Perhaps alternating between prescription sleeping pills and cold turkey attempts at quitting is a bit extreme. My solution to the same problem you face, was to use melatonin. As you can see from this article, it is a non-prescription hormone supplement:
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/...n-overview
I take a 5mg time release tablet when I go to bed and another after my routine bio break around the middle of the night. It works for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Whenever I tried to quit Prescription drugs I always did try some type of Herbal supplement to sleep from Melatonin , Gaba, Valerian, 5 Htp etc without much success.
Post Reply Post Reply
Benadryl, quite often the active ingredient in OTC sleep meds, is effective. Also, complete elimination of caffeine from the diet of a caffeine-consumer will work wonders.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 243 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.