Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: FP eson nasal maskS L
Humidifier: h5id
CPAP Pressure: 4-20
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

My First ResScan Report
I wanted to follow up with the results of my first ResScan report. I seem pretty steady night to night.
Last night it says my Apnea Index is 0.2 and it was Obsctuctive. Looking at the graph, it looks like just two incidents with number 11 on them. That's good, isn't it?
For leaks it says 95th percentile: 4.8 / Maximum: 160.8
Is that cause for concern?
Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9
The last part is a mystery to me except I'm guessing my average pressure was 15.1?
04-09-2014 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Gabby Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Nuance Nasal Mask
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10 For Her
CPAP Pressure: 8-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Thanks for reporting back.
I am fairly new and not one of the best to advise on figures but what I don know I can tell you if your AHI is below 5 which yours is, that is indeed good, so tick there.
Then with your leaks, if your 95% (which is the most important one to take note of)
As long as they are below 24, which yours are well under, then another big tick.

The AHI and Leaks are the most important to go by and you have good results for both so I would say everything is going great for you.
I am sure some more experienced people will give you a better run down than I have.

Keep on doing what you are doing, you are on the right track.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 05:40 PM by Gabby.)
04-09-2014 05:39 PM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
(04-09-2014 04:49 PM)sjssf Wrote:  I wanted to follow up with the results of my first ResScan report. I seem pretty steady night to night.
Last night it says my Apnea Index is 0.2 and it was Obsctuctive. Looking at the graph, it looks like just two incidents with number 11 on them. That's good, isn't it?
For leaks it says 95th percentile: 4.8 / Maximum: 160.8
Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9
The last part is a mystery to me except I'm guessing my average pressure was 15.1?

The numbers look good. Your average leak is the Median, 12.2. 95% of the time it was 15.1 or less. That's great. The Max 160.8 is just a fluke, probably caused if your mask came loose for a minute.

The AHI at 0.2 is tremendous.

Good job. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!
04-09-2014 06:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

RE: My First ResScan Report
I split your post off to it's own thread here on the Main Forum so it gets the attention it deserves.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-09-2014 07:12 PM
vsheline Online

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(04-09-2014 04:49 PM)sjssf Wrote:  Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9

Hi sjssf,

Your profile says your pressure settings are wide open, 4 to 20.

I suggest raising your minimum pressure to 6 and then gradually increasing by 1 each few days until the minimum pressure setting is about 11 (or within about 4 of your 95% pressure).

ResMed machines treat their minimum pressure setting as a target which they are always trying to get back to. If the minimum pressure is way lower than what is usually needed, this will cause rapid drops in pressure between events, and longer than necessary response times when reacting to future events.

A few people react very badly to pressure (dizziness, hearing loss or tinnitus, or vision problems, etc) and therefore need the lowest possible minimum pressure, but I think most patients will do best when their machine targets a minimum pressure which is only a little lower than the median needed pressure.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2014 03:11 AM by vsheline.)
04-13-2014 03:09 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
gjw Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Hi5 with ClimateLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15

Other Comments:

Hi sjssf

Once you collect more data, in addition to what vsheline said about upping your minimum pressure, you might consider lowering the maximum pressure to 18 instead of 20.

gjw
04-13-2014 03:31 AM
JimZZZ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: ResMed H5i (not using)
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 14

Other Comments: CareFusion PureSom Ultra Chinstrap

(04-13-2014 03:09 AM)vsheline Wrote:  I suggest raising your minimum pressure to 6 and then gradually increasing by 1 each few days until the minimum pressure setting is about 11 (or within about 4 of your 95% pressure).
Vaughn, Thanks for the rule of thumb on the lower pressure setting. I have been trying to find an opinion on that. Now I'm wondering whether there is a consensus on how far the maximum pressure should be above the 95% pressure. I am presently at 8/14 with a 95% pressure of 12.5.
04-13-2014 06:52 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

If you are going to move your min pressure then I would suggest watching it a few nights and if you are at similar pressure to above just go (close) to 10 in one shot. Maybe 8.

Your AHI is good, so the only real reason for this is to just get a steady pressure from the beginning of the night and keep the machine from continuously moving it A LOT.

The reason for this is: If you are going to end up using 10-15, you might as well just be there.

As to the upper pressure, that one I would cut down slowly as suggest since it does not much matter. If you machine doesn't think you need a higher pressure it will never go there anyway.

And if you DO need it then you want to leave the 'headroom' for the machine to treat you more effectively.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
04-13-2014 07:16 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

We want graphs!

[Image: useless.gif]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-13-2014 07:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
robysue Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: PR Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: PR Dreamstation humidfier
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 4; max IPAP = 9;
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic EncorePro

Other Comments: Papping since September 2010

Sex: Female

(04-09-2014 04:49 PM)sjssf Wrote:  I wanted to follow up with the results of my first ResScan report. I seem pretty steady night to night.
These numbers are EXCELLENT. There's not much to improve on as far as reducing the AHI since it's already essentially 0.

Quote:For leaks it says 95th percentile: 4.8 / Maximum: 160.8
For 95% of the night your unintentional leaks were AT or BELOW 4.8 L/min. You are using an S9 machine and it can handle unintentional leaks up to 24 L/min. Your 95% leak number is EXCELLENT.

As for that huge Max leak number? It probably happened when you either took the mask off momentarily before turning the machine off or you dislodged the mask momentarily to scratch your nose or cough or sneeze. It's not something to worry about.

Quote:Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9
Nope. You're misinterpreting the statistical language.

Median pressure = 12.2 means that for 50% of the time your pressure was AT or BELOW 12.2 cm H2O and for 50% of the time your pressure was AT or ABOVE 12.2 cm H2O.

95% pressure = 15.1 means that for 95% of the time your pressure was AT or BELOW 15.1 cm H2O and for 5% of the time your pressure was AT or ABOVE 15.1 cm H2O.

Long term you may be more comfortable increasing your min pressure, but right now I'd leave things alone on the grounds that if things aint broke why fix them.
04-13-2014 08:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  unable to access SD card using ResScan charles hoag 4 135 12-07-2016 01:52 PM
Last Post: charles hoag
  First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset Lanco 41 1,739 11-27-2016 05:11 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  What report from SleepyHead for FAA? gkainz 5 274 11-23-2016 09:50 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation blueelement2016 4 267 11-09-2016 02:37 AM
Last Post: blueelement2016
  Oximetry report Sunshinepostell 3 401 09-09-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Wink Where can I find my "number" on my sleep report? Maxxjacker 1 322 08-24-2016 01:39 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  ResScan Reports for AHI Differs From Machine AHI nadprok 2 293 08-02-2016 11:54 AM
Last Post: nadprok