Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First ResScan Report
My First ResScan Report
I wanted to follow up with the results of my first ResScan report. I seem pretty steady night to night.
Last night it says my Apnea Index is 0.2 and it was Obsctuctive. Looking at the graph, it looks like just two incidents with number 11 on them. That's good, isn't it?
For leaks it says 95th percentile: 4.8 / Maximum: 160.8
Is that cause for concern?
Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9
The last part is a mystery to me except I'm guessing my average pressure was 15.1?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Thanks for reporting back.
I am fairly new and not one of the best to advise on figures but what I don know I can tell you if your AHI is below 5 which yours is, that is indeed good, so tick there.
Then with your leaks, if your 95% (which is the most important one to take note of)
As long as they are below 24, which yours are well under, then another big tick.

The AHI and Leaks are the most important to go by and you have good results for both so I would say everything is going great for you.
I am sure some more experienced people will give you a better run down than I have.

Keep on doing what you are doing, you are on the right track.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
(04-09-2014, 04:49 PM)sjssf Wrote: I wanted to follow up with the results of my first ResScan report. I seem pretty steady night to night.
Last night it says my Apnea Index is 0.2 and it was Obsctuctive. Looking at the graph, it looks like just two incidents with number 11 on them. That's good, isn't it?
For leaks it says 95th percentile: 4.8 / Maximum: 160.8
Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9
The last part is a mystery to me except I'm guessing my average pressure was 15.1?

The numbers look good. Your average leak is the Median, 12.2. 95% of the time it was 15.1 or less. That's great. The Max 160.8 is just a fluke, probably caused if your mask came loose for a minute.

The AHI at 0.2 is tremendous.

Good job. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My First ResScan Report
I split your post off to it's own thread here on the Main Forum so it gets the attention it deserves.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 04:49 PM)sjssf Wrote: Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9

Hi sjssf,

Your profile says your pressure settings are wide open, 4 to 20.

I suggest raising your minimum pressure to 6 and then gradually increasing by 1 each few days until the minimum pressure setting is about 11 (or within about 4 of your 95% pressure).

ResMed machines treat their minimum pressure setting as a target which they are always trying to get back to. If the minimum pressure is way lower than what is usually needed, this will cause rapid drops in pressure between events, and longer than necessary response times when reacting to future events.

A few people react very badly to pressure (dizziness, hearing loss or tinnitus, or vision problems, etc) and therefore need the lowest possible minimum pressure, but I think most patients will do best when their machine targets a minimum pressure which is only a little lower than the median needed pressure.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sjssf

Once you collect more data, in addition to what vsheline said about upping your minimum pressure, you might consider lowering the maximum pressure to 18 instead of 20.

gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2014, 03:09 AM)vsheline Wrote: I suggest raising your minimum pressure to 6 and then gradually increasing by 1 each few days until the minimum pressure setting is about 11 (or within about 4 of your 95% pressure).
Vaughn, Thanks for the rule of thumb on the lower pressure setting. I have been trying to find an opinion on that. Now I'm wondering whether there is a consensus on how far the maximum pressure should be above the 95% pressure. I am presently at 8/14 with a 95% pressure of 12.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are going to move your min pressure then I would suggest watching it a few nights and if you are at similar pressure to above just go (close) to 10 in one shot. Maybe 8.

Your AHI is good, so the only real reason for this is to just get a steady pressure from the beginning of the night and keep the machine from continuously moving it A LOT.

The reason for this is: If you are going to end up using 10-15, you might as well just be there.

As to the upper pressure, that one I would cut down slowly as suggest since it does not much matter. If you machine doesn't think you need a higher pressure it will never go there anyway.

And if you DO need it then you want to leave the 'headroom' for the machine to treat you more effectively.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
We want graphs!

[Image: useless.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 04:49 PM)sjssf Wrote: I wanted to follow up with the results of my first ResScan report. I seem pretty steady night to night.
These numbers are EXCELLENT. There's not much to improve on as far as reducing the AHI since it's already essentially 0.

Quote:For leaks it says 95th percentile: 4.8 / Maximum: 160.8
For 95% of the night your unintentional leaks were AT or BELOW 4.8 L/min. You are using an S9 machine and it can handle unintentional leaks up to 24 L/min. Your 95% leak number is EXCELLENT.

As for that huge Max leak number? It probably happened when you either took the mask off momentarily before turning the machine off or you dislodged the mask momentarily to scratch your nose or cough or sneeze. It's not something to worry about.

Quote:Pressure was Median: 12.2 / 95th percentile 15.1 /Maximum 16.9
Nope. You're misinterpreting the statistical language.

Median pressure = 12.2 means that for 50% of the time your pressure was AT or BELOW 12.2 cm H2O and for 50% of the time your pressure was AT or ABOVE 12.2 cm H2O.

95% pressure = 15.1 means that for 95% of the time your pressure was AT or BELOW 15.1 cm H2O and for 5% of the time your pressure was AT or ABOVE 15.1 cm H2O.

Long term you may be more comfortable increasing your min pressure, but right now I'd leave things alone on the grounds that if things aint broke why fix them.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,398 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 482 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.