Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First ResScan Report
RE: My First ResScan Report
I must go back to an old saw. "Don't fix it if it ain't broke." Frankly sjssf, I agree with Robysue, your numbers are excellent. It is my opinion that you should go with what you have for a while. By the way, how do you "feel"? Do you feel like you got a good night's sleep? If it feels good and the numbers are good, what really needs to be fixed?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an S9 auto and installed the resscan software and downloaded the data from the card...but cannot find leak scores...Only compliance scores for time used, pressure and ahi. Am I missing something?
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2014, 04:03 PM)mbenson Wrote: I have an S9 auto and installed the resscan software and downloaded the data from the card...but cannot find leak scores...Only compliance scores for time used, pressure and ahi. Am I missing something?
First, depend which S9 Auto, if you've got S9 Escape Auto, then the Escape Auto don,t report any leak data or detailed data graphs
Model name printed nxt to on/off button

On the other hand if the S9 is an AutoSet, did you choose 'All available data' as shown here:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks...It is an Auto Escape. No leakage info. What good is the other info? I can get AHI and Pressure on the machine.
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 07:39 AM)mbenson Wrote: Thanks...It is an Auto Escape. No leakage info. What good is the other info? I can get AHI and Pressure on the machine.

Hi mbenson, welcome to the forum!

How long have you been using the Escape Auto? Any chance you can take it back and get upgraded to the S9 AutoSet?

You can point out that, unlike the S9 AutoSet, the S9 Escape Auto does not use the new Enhanced AutoSet Algorithm which reliably distinguishes between Central Apnea and Obstructive Apnea and does a better job in adjusting the Pressure. If you go to the ResMed website you would be able to verify for yourself that the S9 Escape Auto does not use the same treatment algorithm as the AutoSet. I think many sleep doctors and DME providers are unaware that the S9 Escape Auto uses the old S8 version treatment algorithm.

If you are still within the first few days or weeks of using the machine you might be able to get your machine upgraded simply by packing everything up and returning it to the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider who dispensed to you the Escape Auto and letting them know you will be selecting a DME provider who will dispense to you the S9 AutoSet so your machine will have the Enhanced AutoSet Algorithm and will report Leak information.

If necessary, ask that your doctor add to the prescription the specific model you want.

Also ask your doctor for a copy of the prescription for your own records, and for copies of your full sleep reports (including plots of the data). Having a copy of the prescription will enable you to buy supplies online, if desired, and may be required if you will be using your machine on a long airline fight or if traveling outside the country. The sleep reports are important to have for future reference, as there is a wealth of information in there which you will gradually be able to better understand.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I just made the request for an upgrade. Your assistance was very helpful!
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 12:47 PM)mbenson Wrote: Thanks! I just made the request for an upgrade. Your assistance was very helpful!
Hi mbenson,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you are able to get a new machine so you can keep track of your data.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone...I just received my new S9 Elite! Now I need tips on reading the data, acceptable parameters for the various displays and what I should be watching for. I truly appreciate the advise!
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 02:15 PM)mbenson Wrote: Thanks everyone...I just received my new S9 Elite! Now I need tips on reading the data, acceptable parameters for the various displays and what I should be watching for. I truly appreciate the advise!
Unlike The AutoSet, S9 Elite is a straight pressure machine, blows constant pressure all night long except Ramp period
AHI below 5 and leak below 24 L/m is acceptable results but the aim is lower and better sleep, sometimes the two not always come together
Matter of trail of error and see what works and what don,t works ... patience is the name of the game.

Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure for my first night was high (17), Leak 7L, AHI 4.4, Total AI 4.3 and Central AI 1.4

Using the Airfit Nasal Pillow...Very comfortable!

Thoughts?
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,396 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.