Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First ResScan Report
RE: My First ResScan Report
(05-03-2014, 03:13 PM)mbenson Wrote: Pressure for my first night was high (17), Leak 7L, AHI 4.4, Total AI 4.3 and Central AI 1.4

Using the Airfit Nasal Pillow...Very comfortable!

Thoughts?
Update your profile, the new machine S9 Elite is fixed pressure machine, what was pressure stats from the old machine

btw, leak is excellent and AHI below 5 is normal on PAP
Post Reply Post Reply
No-S9 Elite is set to auto. I narrowed the high end to 13 as my sleep study suggested 9-11cm. Is this a good idea?
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2014, 07:38 AM)mbenson Wrote: No-S9 Elite is set to auto. I narrowed the high end to 13 as my sleep study suggested 9-11cm. Is this a good idea?

Hi mbenson,

Sounds like you have a data capable Auto machine like the AutoSet.

On top of the machine, near the Start/Stop button, does your new machine say AutoSet?

Sounds like the top end of the pressure range was set to 17 and now you have lowered it. The machine will only use as much of its allowed pressure range as it thinks you need, so for now there is probably no need to lower the top end of its allowable pressure range below 17, but lowering it to 13 would probably be okay, unless the machine normally spends a fair amount of time near 13 and may need to go higher occasionally to better prevent obstructive apneas.

On the first night you used the new machine, what were the Median, 95% and Max pressures the machine actually reported?

If you have problems from high pressure (many central apneas, or disturbing leaks or bloating from swallowing too much air or dizziness or changes in hearing or vision) the top range of the pressure probably should be lowered, but if you have not had any problems from high pressure then for now I suggest allowing the machine to go as high as it wants.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Elite ranges from4-20cm. I have had no major problems except that my sleep study suggested 9-11cm and 16+ seems excessive. I have read a few posts about runaway pressure do to the machine overcompensating for events and remaining at a higher level than needed. I believe that it is waking me when it gets that high. I want to see what happens when it is focused on the suggested range from the study.
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2014, 02:54 PM)mbenson Wrote: The Elite ranges from4-20cm.

Hi mbenson,

Your new machine cannot be a ResMed S9 Elite, because the Elite is not an Auto model and cannot be given a range for pressure. So, you must have a different model. I suspect that you have the S9 AutoSet.

On top of the machine, near the Start/Stop button, does your new machine say AutoSet?

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stand corrected. It is an Autoset that is apap and capable of adjusting the pressure and reading data. So do you agree with my idea of adjusting down to 13 for the max based on my study showing 9-11 the idea range?
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply
So you're thinking low of 6, high of 13? That would work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2014, 04:33 PM)mbenson Wrote: So do you agree with my idea of adjusting down to 13 for the max based on my study showing 9-11 the idea range?

At the top of every forum page members see a "My Profile" link, which you can use to update your profile with your new machine.

Prescribed pressure settings based on an overnight titration study are best starting point but often are way off.

I would not lower the top pressure limit unless it was causing problems. Since you have said you think it is waking you up, that may be a reason to lower it. But I would first try to live with the range which (presumably) the doctor or therapist or DME supplier set up, and gather data.

Can you tell us what were the Median, 95% and Max pressures?

Also, I suggest you look at the Detailed Data to see what pressures are being used.

If the pressure was always staying below 13 then whether the top pressure limit setting had been 13 or 17 would not have made any difference that night, right?

If you lowered the top pressure to 13 and now the Detailed Data shows that your machine is occasionally bumping 13, this would be an indication that 13 may be too low for now.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 07:39 AM)mbenson Wrote: Thanks...It is an Auto Escape. No leakage info. What good is the other info? I can get AHI and Pressure on the machine.
Now you have the AutoSet, I was going to respond to your last post but wanted to know AHI and pressure stats while using the Escape Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Cut back the pressure to 13 and the machine registered 12.6 in the morning, but my ahi was 3.0. Leakage was 10. Does my theory hold true that despite the machine wanting to push the limits allowed, a lower pressure limit meant better sleep and less leakage?
Mbenson
Baton Rouge, LA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 213 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 209 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,644 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 513 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,477 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 522 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.