Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please
Hi all!

I finally got a Dreamstation machine with a working SD card slot! Woot!!
I'm excited to finally be able to use SleepyHead and post some results.

I've been using my Autopap machine for about 2 months, and my average AHI
over that period is 3.3. Last night's data showed a bit higher, but I'm anxious to post
my Sleepyhead data and welcome any comments from experienced members as to how to interpret
some of this info. 

I would love to be below 2 on my AHI score consistently. I appreciate an insights
and observations on findings revealed from this data.
Thanks to all the experienced members who are willing to help and contribute!  Thanks

[Image: 5mHCxz9.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Try setting your minimum pressure to 9cm to clear up the hypopneas. If the CA's persist, try reducing the flex setting.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
yep. minimum of 9 cm (maybe 8 cm) to maximum 14 cm with AFlex reduced by 1 (if you are at 3, set to 2) or leave alone if AFlex is already set to 1.

being that the machine is new to you, sometimes that messes with your first several nights.

good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

You probably wouldn't notice the difference between 8 or 9 and I'd consider them both on the low end of pressure. I think it wouldn't matter much either way in the end, just not less than 8 at this stage. you may have to look at clustering later.
new http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or charts for auto-cpap, set the min 1cm below median pressure, or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 05:37 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try setting your minimum pressure to 9cm to clear up the hypopneas.  If the CA's persist, try reducing the flex setting.

Thank you so much for the response! I have adjusted the minimum pressure.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
(06-15-2017, 10:45 PM)ajack Wrote: You probably wouldn't notice the difference between 8 or 9 and I'd consider them both on the low end of pressure. I think it wouldn't matter much either way in the end, just not less than 8 at this stage. you may have to look at clustering later.

Thank you ajack!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-15-2017, 10:28 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: yep. minimum of 9 cm (maybe 8 cm) to maximum 14 cm with AFlex reduced by 1 (if you are at 3, set to 2) or leave alone if AFlex is already set to 1.

being that the machine is new to you, sometimes that messes with your first several nights.

good luck.

QAL

Thanks for the reply QAL!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!!! These are my results after raising my minimum pressure as suggested to 9cmH2o, and lowering
my flex setting from 2 to 1. Amazing!!!
As you can see I took a brief siesta in the evening after swimming  Smile
Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions!

[Image: NNaYSgn.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent job Surfbear!     Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off.     Well-done
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-16-2017, 08:06 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Excellent job Surfbear!     Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off.     Well-done

Haha! Thank you!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 843 248,357 11-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Last Post: bwhntr53
  1st Post: Wanted to say thanks for all the great info Sonoma Grown 10 309 11-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Oximetry Without Inputting Data Into SleepyHead? VisitorX 7 152 11-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Last Post: VisitorX
Information [Diagnosis] Help evaluating SleepyHead data LeeKopp 7 400 10-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: LeeKopp
  New to CPAP, need help understanding SleepyHead data bricked 8 363 10-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bricked
  Interpret Sleepyhead Data FozzyDaBear 1 155 10-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post chicken 49 4,647 09-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider