Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please
My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please
Hi all!

I finally got a Dreamstation machine with a working SD card slot! Woot!!
I'm excited to finally be able to use SleepyHead and post some results.

I've been using my Autopap machine for about 2 months, and my average AHI
over that period is 3.3. Last night's data showed a bit higher, but I'm anxious to post
my Sleepyhead data and welcome any comments from experienced members as to how to interpret
some of this info. 

I would love to be below 2 on my AHI score consistently. I appreciate an insights
and observations on findings revealed from this data.
Thanks to all the experienced members who are willing to help and contribute!  Thanks

[Image: 5mHCxz9.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please
Try setting your minimum pressure to 9cm to clear up the hypopneas. If the CA's persist, try reducing the flex setting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yep. minimum of 9 cm (maybe 8 cm) to maximum 14 cm with AFlex reduced by 1 (if you are at 3, set to 2) or leave alone if AFlex is already set to 1.

being that the machine is new to you, sometimes that messes with your first several nights.

good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You probably wouldn't notice the difference between 8 or 9 and I'd consider them both on the low end of pressure. I think it wouldn't matter much either way in the end, just not less than 8 at this stage. you may have to look at clustering later.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 05:37 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try setting your minimum pressure to 9cm to clear up the hypopneas.  If the CA's persist, try reducing the flex setting.

Thank you so much for the response! I have adjusted the minimum pressure.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
(06-15-2017, 10:45 PM)ajack Wrote: You probably wouldn't notice the difference between 8 or 9 and I'd consider them both on the low end of pressure. I think it wouldn't matter much either way in the end, just not less than 8 at this stage. you may have to look at clustering later.

Thank you ajack!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 10:28 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: yep. minimum of 9 cm (maybe 8 cm) to maximum 14 cm with AFlex reduced by 1 (if you are at 3, set to 2) or leave alone if AFlex is already set to 1.

being that the machine is new to you, sometimes that messes with your first several nights.

good luck.

QAL

Thanks for the reply QAL!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!!! These are my results after raising my minimum pressure as suggested to 9cmH2o, and lowering
my flex setting from 2 to 1. Amazing!!!
As you can see I took a brief siesta in the evening after swimming  Smile
Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions!

[Image: NNaYSgn.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent job Surfbear!     Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off.     Well-done
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 08:06 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Excellent job Surfbear!     Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off.     Well-done

Haha! Thank you!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 168 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,203 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 190 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,840 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 174 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 272 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,119 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.