Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First Week Story
RE: My First Week Story
It is rare to hear from the DME unless you are not using your machine, or you are having extensive mask leaks and very poor results. Very few will check the pressures. Once you find what works for you, discuss the results with your doctor so he an update your prescription.

Most stuff in Sleepyhead is reliable, but it is known not to get all the humidity settings right, and that is not limited to the Resmed machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may set your machine to airplane mode and the DME cannot change the settings on you.
Also, you can read them the riot act for changing them.

It may be helpful to let your doctor know that you are working to optimize your settings.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, wasn't sure if my DME would give me the business or red flag me for change stuff. Don't see the PCP for another 15 days or so.

I did go into the clinical settings today and adjusted minimum pressure to 6. I will report back tomorrow afternoon with my SH report.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wanted to check back in after making a few changes. I bumped my low pressure setting from 5 to 6, adjusted ramp to fixed 10 minutes and switched from ResMed N10 to P10. I think I am doing well looking at the graphs, snores are still spread through the night. I am still waking up at least during the night to my mask being cockeyed.

Anyways, deferring to you professionals for some input. Thanks for stopping by.

[Image: thjraK9l.png]

[Image: 7X81HJql.png]

[Image: yhHvdpFl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Effers,
Looking good! You might want to drop your upper pressure down to 12cm. Narrowing the range will aid the algorithm on determining the required pressure.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks pretty clean to me. You can wait for your appointment with the PCP and just let him know of the change you made so he can make appropriate changes to your records or prescription. This is the way it is supposed to work. I think it's actually rare to have DME over-ride settings, or doctors getting upset over optimization, especially when it works. Good job.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome feedback. I will bump top end pressure down to 12 and run for 3-5 days and report. I will be seeing the PCP in about two weeks.

Hats off to the members here. Can't thank you enough for all the knowledge you are willing to patiently pass on to new CPAP users as we start this journey.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 462 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 181 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 207 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Long story short chronic 5 360 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,013 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,362 622,185 01-19-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.