Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My ICON seems to be louder
My ICON seems to be louder
Been a while since i been on. Got my ICON last may and its now appears the motor is alot louder when using now then it did. Is that normal?????

Message me and i can hopefully send you a clip of what it sounds like.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My ICON seems to be louder
(03-06-2014, 09:51 PM)Tommy012175 Wrote: Got my ICON last may and its now appears the motor is alot louder when using now then it did. Is that normal?????
This should not happen so soon. Your machine is less than a year old, still under the two years warranty, ask for a replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
First check to make sure everything is attached and working correctly.

Mask and mask parts
Hoses - mask and main hose
Check and change filter
Ensure filter cover is in place right

Etc etc

If everything is working right, then make sure the noise is coming from the machine and not the mask. Sometimes the echo in the hose makes it sound as if it is the machine when it is not. Doesn't happen often, depends on the noise and the mask.

After that, discuss it with the DME. It should still be under warranty.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, has the filter been changed recently? It's pretty small and thus tends to need frequent changing... especially in a dusty or carpeted environment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Got my ICON last may and its now appears the motor is alot louder when using now then it did. Is that normal?????

Ok, a possible cause for your Icon sounding loader is because the cover of the humidifier is not seated properly. This video shows how to fit the cover. I had this experience when I didn't refit the cover correctly. This image shows my Icon with cover not fitted properly[Image: icon.jpg]

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,316 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 850 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,589 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 363 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  AirMini much louder than A10 with same mask and settings? DougM 7 1,816 04-25-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: densoo
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 615 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResMed AS 11 - getting louder jpthuot03 2 584 10-29-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.