Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey Begins
RE: My Journey Begins
I don't know, sheepless. That's why this is a journey. I'm just along for the ride.

Attached is the redacted page 2 of the notes from my encounter with my provider. As you can see, they diagnosed me with central sleep apnea; the reason I will be reviewed for potential medical board proceedings come August when my 90-day compliance period is over. I just realized they classified it as primary, which gives me a sigh of relieve that they do not believe it is in my brain (tumor) or my heart. At least there is something good to grasp ahold of!

They also flagged me with CKD, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. My blood tests read like a sine wave.

Not saying doctors can't be wrong, but this is what I have been officially diagnosed with.

.pdf   diagnosis_page2.pdf (Size: 63.43 KB / Downloads: 6)
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
primary ca makes more sense. page 2 of the sleep study under impressions says osa and treatment emergent ca, which makes no sense given the lack of oa, unless the h is obstructive. however, you only had 3 apnea events - ca - before titration, which is a long way from definitive. another odd thing is setting your machine to 14cmw when you actually had lower ahi and rdi at 12 and 9cmw. ca is more likely with higher pressure so you'd think they'd want you to have the lowest effective pressure. sorry, all I'm doing is raising questions rather than answering them. it's beyond me. hopefully the more-experienced members will figure it out. I'll be interested to see how it works out for you in the end.
Post Reply Post Reply
No apologies necessary. Some of the same questions I'm formulating in my head to discuss with the doc!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My cpap journey Lee Rilea 53 920 8 hours ago
Last Post: Lee Rilea
  My new journey. cjsimmons 10 493 09-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: cjsimmons
  Starting my ASV journey gwc2795 32 1,754 05-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry My Bumpy CPap Journey Solar Rays 9 727 01-21-2018, 06:44 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Time to begin my journey dsmith14469 5 481 01-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  Update on my Journey with Apnea & POTS BrassCat 3 636 09-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  My New ASV Journey Shift Worker 3 524 08-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.