Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
That doesn't look very comfortable, and you use nasal therapy. I think we will hold off on that idea until after your doctor appointment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on whether mask design allows it, there's the accessory oxygen bleed port you can get that goes between the hose and mask. Would that make any difference? Or has it been tried and eliminated?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestion, yes I am hooked up with that type but my O2 is still low. The thought was if it were attached directly to the mask it would not be deluded as much.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with a port between the hose and mask is that oxygen enriched air is exhausted through the vent before it reaches the user. It really doesn't make much difference which end of the tube the O2 bleed is positioned, the oxygen is still diluted at about a 6 to 1 ratio, even without leaks. Another idea I talked about with bonjour was the fabrication of an EERS system with the oxygen bleed integrated into the enhanced expiratory rebreathing space. Normally, this space is used to conserve some CO2 for rebreathing, but with an O2 bleed, it would instead reserve oxygen enriched air and would be much less diluted during inspiration because all the venting of air not used for inspiration would not enter the EERS.

Here is the wiki on EERS http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS) The contemplated modification would plug the vents in the mask with nasal putty, install a Respironics Whisper Swivel II vent at the end of the tube, add a Corr-a-Flex tube, then the oxygen bleed, and attach that to the mask. In Stacyburke's case, the median respiratory cycle is 3.32 seconds, and about 320 mL. At an oxygen bleed rate of 5 L/min, the EERS would receive 184 mL of pure oxygen, enough to displace all expired air. I have not done the math, but this would result in significantly higher O2 at the mask. However, as I said earlier, I'm reluctant to suggest such a radical modification for an individual currently working with his doctor to solve the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that makes sense.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a good night because I woke up at 4:30 and could not go back to sleep, I have no idea why.  Any way I will post last night.  Did not tape settings changed to ps5 is only difference.  My appointment with the lung Dr. is Monday...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Best results for tidal volume, SpO2 and comfort were with PS 4.4. I just wanted to evaluate the higher PS and see if there was a fine-tuning opportunity. Let's return to that setting that worked.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Will do.  Question for you, I have venting on the pillow and at the top where the hose is plugged into the mask. Can I just plug up (tape over) the vents at the top and get more oxygen?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I won't advocate that modification. If anything, the vents at the mask could be plugged with Macks silicone earplugs, but the O2 feed needs to be on the mask side of the connector vent, so even that does not solve the issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP masks must be vented.
The only time we even suggest that is for EERS where we add a vent. Do not block mask vents.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 930 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,502 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.