Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
Thank you - good to know!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my charts from last night.  I am very pleased with how this has progressed.  Only one Ob and one CA, great improvement.  Now I need to focus on  my oxygen level.  I am hooked up to 4l oxygen and have had some headaches when waking.  I went to the pulmonary Dr. last week and he wanted an oxygenation study.  Instead of going to my provider and getting a machine for the night I bought a CMS 50F and will get it on Friday.  I will post if I can figure out how with OSCAR and hope you will let me know how it is doing.  I have my next appointment with the Dr. a the end of this month.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your pulmonary condition? I commented on the low tidal volume in the past and don’t recall your reply. We can sometimes use the settings to improve oxygen saturation but you are already on 4L to increase FiO2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its kinda hard to explain, but the Dr. says that the artery leading from the heart to the lungs is to large and does not give enough pressure to the lungs.  I am on Oxygen 24/7 with 4l.  I am wondering if it is mouth breathing that might be the problem or something else.  Like I said I will get the oxygen tester friday and I hope it shows good results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look up the oxygen bleed wiki for technical details on how to calculate oxygen dose while using CPAP. You need to understand that the use of positive air pressure therapy dilutes the fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2). To receive the same dose at night the oxygen flow rate would need to be increased compared to delivery by cannula. I can work the numbers, but I would not be surprised if you would need a second generator at night to deliver the same dose as you require via cannula.

Your doctor’s explanation suggests a pulmonary insufficiency related to left ventricular blood flow, but it does not explain the very low tidal volume and minute vent that are also part of the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the link, it was interesting. The entire CPAP "thing" is kind of like an onion. You think if I just wear the mask and turn on the unit it will take care of things.. WRONG! Everything is a complicated affair, I hope I can educate myself to be much better patient. Again, thank you for taking the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2020, 01:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Look up the oxygen bleed wiki for technical details on how to calculate oxygen dose while using CPAP.  You need to understand that the use of positive air pressure therapy dilutes the fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2). To receive the same dose at night the oxygen flow rate would need to be increased compared to delivery by cannula.  I can work the numbers, but I would not be surprised if you would need a second generator at night to deliver the same dose as you require via cannula.

Your doctor’s explanation suggests a pulmonary insufficiency related to left ventricular blood flow, but it does not explain the very low tidal volume and minute vent that are also part of the problem.

Here are graphs of tidal volume and minute Vent. if they help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I already know your tidal volume is low. I don't know why. I'm sure you have had pulmonary function tests (spirometry) and wonder if the low volume on CPAP is reflective of a lung condition like allergy, asthema, COPD, or other restrictive or obstructive condition, or is simply a hypoventilation issue that might respond to pressure support. A median tidal volume around 250 mL is not normal for an adult male.

This has nothing to do with your current therapy which is excellent from a sleep apnea point of view. This is about adequate lung ventilation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have had several lung tests the pulmonary Dr says it is my heart, went to a heart Dr he gave me a heart catheriztion and told me about the problem I mentioned. If you have any suggestions on settings would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had another good nights sleep AHI is still down with one CA and one OB...  I did change my Oxygen DOWN to 2l from 4 and added my tidal volume on this screen.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.