Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
Results look much better now. Do not change your oxygen bleed without instructions from your doctor. I was suggesting you might need more oxygen, not less. Anyway, adding an oximeter to monitor your SpO2 would be a very smart idea. BTW your median tidal volume hit 300 mL last night which is much better.

When we first started this process your pressure support was in a range of 3.5 to 5.0. I would be interested to see if a modest increase in pressure support might improve tidal volume. If you want to try this, an increase in PS from 4.0 to 4.4 cm is what I have in mind.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I went to the pulmonary Dr was I have lost about 75 lbs (still much to heavy) and that is why he ordered another oxygen night time test. I shout have the 50F today. If I can get it fully charged and figure the download I will have the results tomorrow.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that took from 6am until 2pm to finally import the file from the csm 50F.  Steep learning curve for me.  Anyway here is the file with SPO2 and Tital Volume.  2l of air.  Tonight I will do the same with 3l of air.  Any suggestions?"
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm of the opinion that backing off the 4 L/min may not have been a great action. The data there is showing you need more oxygen despite being on a PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will put it to 4 tonight
Post Reply Post Reply
2l is definitely not enough, try 4liters
Post Reply Post Reply
Really good job on the graph. You need the 4L/min and it would be interesting to take a closer look at that period around 1:40, 02:45 and 05:00 where your SpO2 drops. FYI, you can easily add a dotted line for a target SpO2 like 90% so you can more easily see desaturation. Just right click near the SpO2 label and select Dotted Line, then chose the Y-axis threshold to show the line. Double check those times to see if anything like leaks or flow limits increased to cause the flow reduction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2020, 09:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  FYI, you can easily add a dotted line for a target SpO2 like 90% so you can more easily see desaturation.  Just right click near the SpO2 label and select Dotted Line, then chose the Y-axis threshold to show the line.  
This feature has not yet been added.  I expect it to be in our next version.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well here is tonight oscar.  Had a problem with the Oxygen monitor, it came off during the night so I restarted it - so it is not complete.  But I am having the same problem with the software.  I can download and see it in the program it installed but after that when you try to "see" the fine in the folder to upload to oscar there is no file names.  It is there but you can not see it.  I got it to work yesterday by deleting everything and reinstalling the program that came with the CMS 50F.  At 4L there was still some times when the OX went down below 88.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is you oxygen delivery device?
Can you increase your O2 to 6 liters?
This is a red flag an extended period of time at 88% while at your prescribed oxygen level. I see two options.
1 call your doctor. He will likely put you on an overnight oxygen meter since your device is not calibrated and certified to provide justification for an increase in O2.
2. Increase O2 to 6 liters an see what happens, see if you can find a level that resolves the O2 issue. Then step 1.
3. Increase the PS to 5, possibly 6 in the future to improve your breathing efficiency.

Please remind us of any breathing or cardiac issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 93 7 hours ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 82 9 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 6 152 Yesterday, 09:40 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 696 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.