Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
Thanks for the conformation. I can find only 2 that are pillow masks with mouth coverage. Mirage Liberty and Innomed/respcare Hybrid. Do you know of any others?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed F30 can be described as a nasal pillow with a mouth cover.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Philips Dreamwear full face also fits the description.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was a different night.  I taped my mouth for the first time and as you can see the Event Flags are clear.  But the Leak Rate is still showing mouth breathing - but it can't be with my mouth taped.  I used my CMS50f but it failed me for the first time, no recording.  I stopped recording when I got up but somehow it started again and erased last night.  So I can't make the O2 comparison.  I will try again tonight. I REALLY don't like the taping but it did not make me feel claustrophobic as it did when I tried a full face mask.  Anyway here is my OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I am no expert on the taping methods, but it's still possible to have air blow through especially if the tape was not covering the mouth fully. I suppose tape could not stick fully or somehow otherwise release its grip.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then you believe the graph shows mouth breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still in OSCAR reading for Dummies, so I can't tell if so. Mainly I was conveying mouth breathing despite taping is still a real possibility. There's a correct method to getting it right. User mesenteria is one possible source for a better explanation on proper tape method. As for charts, I'll defer to those who know how to read it, especially Sleeprider and bonjour. There's a lot of others that are far better than I at the chart reading. I am a drill sergeant and comic relief combined with a slacker on coffee break, with occasional, timely bits of suggestion to make things better and validate my usefulness.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was not a bad night - woke up 2X I remember and had do have a drink of water.  My mouth was taped the whole night, it was not as bad as the first night but something I really don't want to continue.  2CAs, 1Ob, so a good night for those.  The oxygen is a concern and I hope someone can let me know what the chart means.  The dashed line is at 88.  The pulmonary Dr. had told me that for our altitude 88 was acceptable, the Cardiologist told me to keep at at 90.  As you can see there is a Large flattop leak when my O2 level is at its lowest.  I have a blowup with that - can you see anything to cause it?  is this bad?  One of the screen shots is with the cursor one one of the sudden drop of O2.  Each line that shows a drop has a number in ().  What does that number mean?   I show the largest number (2163)

I also have a close up of the leak rate part I don't under stand.  I keep reading a flat top is a mouth breath.  With the mouth taped I can not see how this is a mouth breathing event.  It is the lowest amount of O2 and lasts for 30 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
The zoomed view in chart 3 shows over 20 minutes below 88% oxygen. I'd say that is concerning, and you need to bring this to docs attention. Mouth leaks? I can't say, but there's leaks at times from somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacey, the low oxygen content is not something we want to see, and I would suggest a minimum of 88 is too low, and would defer to your cardiologist on this one. Leaks are below the large leak threshold, and the machine should be able to compensate for that. I suspect your inspiratory effort is too weak to fully trigger IPAP when a leak is happening. I suspect that these periods of low respiratory flow may be related to a REM sleep state which just happens to coincide with higher leaks.

Let's review where you are at in settings. You are using Vauto 9.0 to 20.0 pressure with 4.4 PS. I don't recall trigger sensitivity, and would like to know what O2 feed rate you are using. I know we talked about 4.0 L/min. I am thinking about trying a trial of VPAP S (fixed pressure) mode without Easybreathe, but I don't want to push you into that too soon. The advantage of those settings is that you will get a much stronger and more assertive trigger to IPAP, which might result in a higher tidal volume when you have these segments of low respiratory flow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.