Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
I’m not sure but the way I did it won’t work in the long run. I would think others had this problem also. Maybe someone here knows how it was done.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe if you use a connector like this to penetrate the tube or connector, seal, then thread a section of tubing down to the mask?  These oxygen tube connectors are available at Rite Aid.

[Image: e09a0feac360277c4b877d35eb75ba6d_7448894...1568907996]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just a normal OSCAR question.  My son bought a ResMed whisk? mask and did not use it.  He brought it to me and I to give a try.  I put it on for about 3 minutes at around 8pm and did not like it, turned off the machine.  I went to bed with my usual mask at 11pm.  When I downloaded the nights sleep it recorded from 8pm.  I can and did zoom into the area that I slept.  How do you get the machine to record when you go to bed instead of from the first time you turn on the  machine? Huh   because of this I was not able to down load the O2 as normal.  Not a big deal because I have software that came with the CMS50F but can not put it on OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the day in the Daily Screen. Scroll down on the left side to revel session information.  Deselect the session you wish to ignore.  As far as importing the CMS50F data; You can manually set the starting time, either by selecting a particular session or setting the time and date manually.  If you try setting it manually, make sure the date is correct.   Many a CMS50D+ (no clock) user hasn't paid attention to this and imported the data to the year 2000.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape you help a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to the lung Dr. yesterday and was surprised that he told me he was not concerned with O2 of 84 - if it got down to the 70s he would be concerned.  In fact he said if I kept the O2 in the mask I should lower to 4l from 5l, he wanted it around 93 or 94%.  With that I still would like a better way to introduce the O2 than how I am now.  If anyone has ideas let's hear it.  One question I have is about PS I know what it means and we talk about it as comfort.  Question: what does it do when turned up, what does it do when turned down?

As far as my apnea is concerned I have never done this well.  Thanks to a new machine and to ALL of you who have helped me - thank you! Thanks

One picture is of my mask now.  I am thinking of putting the oxygen in at the top just where it enters the frame.  I tried it on the frame near the cushion but I got a LOT of noise and could not fall off to sleep.  I have run out of old masks and frames so I have to make this one right or will have ruined a new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new mask, P30i that replaces the dreamwear mask that looks very much the same.  The new mask seems like it is not giving as much air on the inhale.  I feel like I am sucking to get the O2.  It is kinda of hard to explain but my old mask I felt the air pushing in now it feels like I have to suck to get the air.  Could it help to increase the Pressure?  If so which one and how much?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can increase the nasal pillow size, that will probably solve the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have a lot to complain about.  Good numbers and I am feeling more rested.  BUT could you please look at the charts.  When my O2 drops the breathing is very shallow and the leak rate shows a flat top as well as the tidal volume is low.  So my questions deal with why that is happening.  Is this all do to the leaking or is the shallow breathing causing me to open my mouth?  Is there any settings that will help me continue with normal breathing and stop the shallow breathing?  I have attached the full, and a couple where the shallow breathing has happened, if you need others or different graphs let me know.  Thank you for taking the time for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
here is a normal breathing pattern.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,330 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,487 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.