Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
Thank you for taking the time and looking... Thanks
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to take up someones time.  I am not having problems with therapy, I'm just trying to learn.  I thought I understood about checking the charts for mouth breathing.  As I understood it, the Leak rate had flat tops it was mouth breathing.   As I have been reading it talked about the zoom into the flow rate and the top of each breath was flat and that showed mouth breathing.

So I'm confused -  Here is my last nights chart.  I had a couple of large leaks.  I took a zoom of the charts.  The leak rate is flat as a board but the Flow Rate looks to me to have all rounded tops.  What am I misunderstanding?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The flow rate is normal and does not show the flat tops of flow limitation. The leaks appear to be mouth leaks because the graph shows plateaus or flat peaks. I think you are confusing the two separate issues. Leaks are your number one problem because they increase the flow rate of your VPAP which dilutes your supplemental oxygen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my continual quest to end leaks....  I bought a F30 mask and used it last night for the first time.  I had it on until 1:30 when I woke up and could not get back to sleep.  I put on my pillows mask and finished the night.

The strange thing happened about 0:00 hours.  The pressure does not show for either EPAP or IPAP.  There is no pressure reading for about 2 hours but the mask pressure is unchanged.  Is this just a glitch in the software?   I have included a whole night, the gap in the pressure chart, and a blowup of mask pressure and flow rate.  It is not a huge problem but I just am wondering why the gap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good question. I recall seeing where others had similar breaks in the therapy for unknown reason. It seems to have been a glitch, but there is probably a better answer. I'm pretty sure if you had no pressure, you'd have noticed. Mask pressure shows correct operation, so it tends to be glitch-ish IMO.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's certainly not as it should be.

The first question in my mind is whether the "gap" is in the data (i.e. caused by the CPAP machine) or in OSCAR's reporting of the data.  Could you make a zip of the log files (Help/Troubleshooting/....) and upload them to my Dropbox folder? I'll see if there is any evidence there of what happened.

Try creating a new profile and import the SD card again there. Does the problem repeat? If so, the next step would for me to look at the SD card (which you can zip and upload to the same Dropbox folder).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been struggling with leaks for a long time.  I tried a mouth guard, tape, tongue sucking, different pillow masks.  I finally tried a full face mask, the res med F30.  I can't believe the difference and I am posting 2 days, one with pillows one with f30.  I still prefer the pillows and need to get used to the full face mask but it seems worth it.  I'm posting to show people who are not sure about a full face mask and have not tried one.

Years ago I did try the full face dreamwear mask but could not even get to sleep with it.  The F30 - I have made it through the entire night, but as I said, I don't like wearing it and like the pillows more but the charts tell it is better.  Now I need to keep using it and get use to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Certainly looks a lot better, and we know you need to control leaks to maintain FiO2. Looks like a winner.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to thank everyone and especially sleeprider and bonjour for their help!!  I wanted to post my before and after.  The before is using the dreamstation - fully optimized (at least it was as good as WE could get it) and the second is from the VAUTO last night.  Quite a difference - also helped was a full face mask (ResMed F30)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see you paying it forward. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 930 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,503 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.