Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Mother had a lab study done:
My Mother had a lab study done:
Here are the results:

Todal RDI-12.5
TotalAHI-4.8
RAHI-18.5
PLMSIndex 45.8
HI-11.1
She didn't have desats down below 88%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Mother had a lab study done:
Do you have a question?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, yes I do,

She is on a DS1 that I remediated in cpap mode 12cmh2O with cflex enabled at 2.  I will post some charts, she is having poslitional apnea but I can't get her under 3-4 ahi.
Post Reply Post Reply
12 cm pressure is pretty high, and if you did not follow a titration protocol starting from a lower pressure of 6 or 7 then you should probably go back and do that. I have no idea if 12 cm is an arbitrary choice or something you arrived at by trial and error. Your mom has more hypopnea and flow limitation than apnea in her background test, and I don't think the Dreamstation is nearly as effective in treating that as a Resmed Autoset, probably with lower pressure and EPR. She is not getting a lot of benefit from CPAP given that AHI. I think if you address the positional issues, much of the problem, without without CPAP may resolve. FWIW, Supplier #1 is still showing their Cyber Monday special for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Card to Cloud at $399. Pretty hard to beat that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider, it's been awhile since I checked her machine, so doing that tomorrow and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 71 6,500 Yesterday, 08:19 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 95 1,859 Yesterday, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 317 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 215 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 440 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 268 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 440 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.