Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My P10 has arrived after a long wait 4 days in
RE: My P10 has arrived after a long wait 4 days in
Oh yah, quiet is the word, no noise like my nuance, that thing was good but it kept blowing on my hands. this is not silent though it still has some wind at least for me, I suspect due to my overly high pressure setting. There is still some air blowing but night and day is the comparison. As to weight, like a feather compared to the other mask. And as far as feeling on my face, it is like going commando, lol. Two observations from my perspective, 1- The nasal pillows go further in my nostrils than the other mask. 2- The nasal pillows have a funny plastic smell (not outrageous, but different from the gel pillows on the nuance). Hell yes though I like it. Oh yah and on the headgear, what headgear? Almost non existent, I'm loving it a lot. I really couldn't see it going well with that light head gear and all that, but I am happy as happy could be. So far so good!

To Puppies --- I say --- Just say NO! Hammer

This PAP stuff is serious business and shiznit JUST GOT REAL!! Banana

I really hope this thing stands up to the test of time, that's my last concern.

Here's to Sleep-well
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first mask lasted for a long time. Then once I decided it had stretched out too much, I cut the straps and put them back together again an inch shorter with safety pins. Like new.... Well, like sort of worn out new. But still good none the anyway.

Oh, and that funny smell from the pillows? Not to worry, it goes away really really soon. It's just puppy pee.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are so lucky Galactus, it sounds like even the first pillow you tried turned out to be THE one.
What size pillow are you using? Word of advice have a spare one ready for when this one wears out.
As soon as you start to notice leaks 9/10 it could be due to needing a new pillow which I found out last week.
I think we all vary on how long we get from our pillows. I usually get about two months.
I agree with retired_guy, once my straps were too big, I cut them off and put my own piece of elastic on back to fit my head. Fits a treat now.

Other than that, great to hear you sounding so positive.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2014, 10:23 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Oh, and that funny smell from the pillows? Not to worry, it goes away really really soon. It's just puppy pee.

eeew
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2014, 10:28 PM)Gabby Wrote: You are so lucky Galactus, it sounds like even the first pillow you tried turned out to be THE one.
What size pillow are you using? Word of advice have a spare one ready for when this one wears out.
As soon as you start to notice leaks 9/10 it could be due to needing a new pillow which I found out last week.
I think we all vary on how long we get from our pillows. I usually get about two months.

The medium was on there and I decided to try it, and viola it seems aok. I was a medium on the gel nuance so I figured what the heck. When I ordered the mask they asked if I wanted any pillows so I ordered some extra mediums and so I think I am prepared.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2014, 10:34 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 10:28 PM)Gabby Wrote: You are so lucky Galactus, it sounds like even the first pillow you tried turned out to be THE one.

The medium was on there and I decided to try it, and viola it seems aok. I was a medium on the gel nuance so I figured what the heck. When I ordered the mask they asked if I wanted any pillows so I ordered some extra mediums and so I think I am prepared.

That's great. What a smoothe ride you have had, good on you.
Nothing more to say except keep up the good work.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2014, 09:15 AM)SandysSpot Wrote: LOVING my P10! Glad you gave it a shot!

I keep hearing that if the straps get too loose, just wash them and they should tighten back up.

I can verify this - a wash will see the strap 'shrink' back to its original shape as it dries. It's really pretty impressive. It's easily the best mask I've ever used in terms of the tightness of the seal and how light it is. It's also genuinely much quieter than any mask I've ever used.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it's working for you, Galactus!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 339 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,805 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.