Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My ResMed S9 Elite is a used cpap. I need help with cpap treatment
RE: My ResMed S9 Elite is a used cpap. I need help with cpap treatment
Have. Not shave. Sorry!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I used ERP first time.  Slept 7.9 hours. AHI WAS 3 :Sadmask fit was fine. One washroom break to pee at about 4:15 am. Restless night. Pressure was my prescription. 11. 

I still haven't heard from my new sleep doc.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
First day with EPR (set at 3)

Frankly the results are disappointing. AHI was 3. mask fit was good.
Pressure 11 (as alway; until I get the results from my recent sleep study)
EPR on (first time in years.) Setting 3
Slept almost 8 hours; one washroom break. Had trouble going back to sleep. Took some Rescue Remedy to relax (holistic from Bach Flower)

I just used SleepyHead for first time in 140 days. I'm terrible with it; no SleepyHead skills. No computer skills.I printed off my night's report. How do I share it?

An Issue: my old ResMed SD card was kaput. I had changed to a new SD card several days ago. It works; no history on the old ResMed SD card. I have several days data on my new card. That's the good news.

Two days data showed AHI of 0.25 and 0.53. Changing settings and running EPR AHI jumped to 3.0; reading that this morning I feel like c-ap. Lying in bed with mask and EPR on last night, setting at 11 I was over-thinking the change. I've used CPAP for over 25 years without EPR. I didn't adapt well to it being on.

The pie graph shows 75% CA, 15% OA, 10% H

Event flags are in the early morning, after my pee brake (when my take was I wasn't sleeping well.)

My SleepyHead version is v0.9.8-1 sleepyhead.sourceforge.net

I'm 72; I'm inclined to turn EPR off and see if values are good again. Make sense?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I've left EPR on for now.  I watched the video you suggested for my S9 Elite.  It was excellent.  

Everything you have suggested has helped. 

I'm comfortable using the clinicians setup.  I've turned EPR on.  My new SD card works.  

Sharing information is difficult though.  My computer hates me.  Bigwink

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I used to participate in a sleep disorder newsgroup. We called cpap users "Hosers" or "Hooverheads"
I used my original Respironics cpap for over 8 years. It was as noisy as a vacuum cleaner. I used my first mask for 5 years because I didn't know better. It was one of the first nasal pillows.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
As you have enabled EPR you might need to raise your pressure by 1
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I've had 11 for years and years. I'm heavier now. Expect results including pressure prescription soon. May have to show compliance.
Why would I need to go up one?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I truly appreciate your response.

I use Sleepyhead very poorly. However, even so, it's incredible.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Adding epr of 3 will reduce the pressure when breath out by 3cm this may be causing you airway to close
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help to see the charts, but if your events increased due to obstructive apnea, an increase in pressure, counter-acts the drop in exhale pressure by using EPR. This is the disadvantage of fixed CPAP vs Autoset, is that the machine does not compensate. If the increased events were CA, then do not increase pressure; instead reduce EPR to 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a brick CPAP, need advice on how to potentially exchange trillogic 10 192 49 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Do dedicated CPAP pillows actually help? Old Moondog 3 67 51 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Going in Circles; CPAP doesn't seem effective; ENT? RainyDog 4 83 10 hours ago
Last Post: RainyDog
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 220 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Do I still need to use my CPAP? kderevan 2 82 11 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 2 81 Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 17 461 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.