Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My ResMed S9 Elite is a used cpap. I need help with cpap treatment
RE: My ResMed S9 Elite is a used cpap. I need help with cpap treatment
Your advice makes great sense.

I sent a response including my test results with Sleepyhead just now. It doesn't show here. I'll send it again.

AHI was nice and low before I turned on EPR and adjusted it to 3.
I'm trying to show that here because it's relevant. I'll send it again; I've already taken a screenshot and saved it.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Results from Sleepyhead showing good numbers with no EPR on (a few days ago)
Here we go...
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
This is more normal for me...AHI less than 1.0 without EPR turned on. I used this machine for 4? years without EPR. Setting 11.

I'll sleep tonight with normal setting.... 11 And EPR off. That test will tell me whether I'm more comfortable with EPR on or off.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning

AHI 0
8 hours sleep
Pressure 11
EPR off

Details later. I'll use Sleepyhead tonight and report
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
AHI of 0 nothing for sleepyhead to report Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep printed reports as proof I'm compliant.

Last appointment my DME erased my card without asking. Last week my ResMed card went kaput. Glad I have proof in print. Smile

I've learned a bunch from you all since I started this post.

Since my numbers go up using EPR=3 I can try a lesser setting and see my minimum pressure. Or keep EPR at 3, and increase my pressure by one, get a report. If necessary, I could increase again by another 1...and get a report.

The real solution is to get an automatic machine that autotitrates. The common sense solution would be to sell those here in Ontario instead of cpap.

I'm grateful to have tried EPR.
I'm grateful for Sleepyhead help
I'm grateful for instructions how to post reports

I'm most grateful for your help, knowledge and time you take to help me
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Kinda hard to beat zero and good sleep. This confirms your CPAP approach of the past years has been effective for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider.

I walked into my recent sleep study.
Talked to the tech who suited me up, and watched me that night.

I said I wanted to know more about treatment for OSA. He said, "You don't need to know. We'll look after that for you. We sell machines and masks. We rent machines and masks." Damn scary.

Living in the OSA treatment system here is scary. Thank heaven you are all here. I'm much better off for it!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
September 30th
AHI 0.0!
Same score as Sept 29th!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Apart from opening your mouth at 23:45 and mouth breathing numbers look great
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 9 102 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Ear tubes to help with CPAP ear pressure? PaulaO2 16 3,241 Today, 04:17 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,502 Today, 04:05 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 5 168 Today, 12:25 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,465 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 6 157 Yesterday, 09:40 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 183 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.