Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My ResScan Results
My ResScan Results
It looks like I've done about all I can to fine tune this S9 AutoSet so it is what it is. All of those events were scored while I was still awake so I'm not much concerned about those. Sleep actually started about 1:15 am. I realize I could use the ramp feature and likely get rid of all of that kind of clutter but I much prefer to not do that. Any/all comments and suggestion welcomed. I never had to ask for help directly but much help was derived from reviewing the posts of others. What a great resource this site is!

My appreciation goes out to the Administrator and all the staff and also to all who post their experiences here for others to share.

[Image: CPAPgraph2.jpg]

And the Sleepy Head version:

[Image: CPAPgraph3.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My ResScan Results
In the interest of privacy, you might want to redact your name from the graphic. Unless it's not your real name.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi justMongo, It's not my real name. Thanks for the observation and suggestion nonetheless. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee, I wish my charts looked so pretty. I have clusters like those all night, yet my AHI was 4.7, leaks were 14.1 - for me is good. Congrats

Check weekly and be happy.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
If all those events were scored while awake your ahi is 0.0 Smile

It's perfect. PErsonally i'd condition myself to not hold my breath while still awake. Thats what i have been doing to avoid my machine to score bogus events. When switching side , or reaching for something i'd normally hold my breath. Now i think about it and force myself to breath. But if you can easily identify those maybe you can just leave it alone.

Congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply
Someday some genius entrepreneur will come up with a cheap easy device that will tell us when we are fully awake or not. It could be something simple that attaches to the mask and registers eyelid position and just gives a simple yes/no output on a time scale. It could even be used to prevent auto accidents from people who fall asleep at the wheel. Maybe they already have that...
Post Reply Post Reply
They do, it's called all those wires and glue they use during a titration Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 12:54 PM)Peter_C Wrote: They do, it's called all those wires and glue they use during a titration Smile

Yeah, but "It ain't cheap McGee". All due credit to Fibber McGee & Molly. This could be produced for less than 20 bucks. The Chinese will see that opportunity some day and blow the U.S. entrepreneurs asunder....again.

I venture to say that >50% of the people who post or stalk here could be expected to buy such a device.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the expensive luxury line cars do have driver drowsiness detection. (Mercedes for sure.)
I think for what Surferdude2 is suggesting a simple single lead EEG would do the job.
This could be implemented with an A to D converter and a laptop -- then ultimately integrated into an APAP machine.
(it already has a signal processor.)

Of course the more technology integrated into the APAP, the role of the medical mafia is diminished.

I wonder if Google already knows if a person is awake of asleep?

_._
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 11:20 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: Hi justMongo, It's not my real name. Thanks for the observation and suggestion nonetheless. Smile

Actually, you are giving too much away.
Grid Square: EM58mh
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 473 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.